View Full Version : sleep disorders

donnzmail
07-02-13, 04:25 AM
Does anyone else have any sleep disorders related to ADHD/ADD ? I have started waking up again during the night to snack of chocolate or crisps then go back to sleep and wake up many times during the night look at the clock and go back asleep, but then I find im oversleeping in the morning and find it difficult to get up on time to take my son to school, I have just broke up with my boyfriend and the night eating has come back after many yrs of not doing it but waking in the night to check the time is something I do often just wondered if its a psychological thing or if its ADHD related?

dogluver358
07-04-13, 09:10 PM
Are you on any sleeping medication?

donnzmail
07-05-13, 07:31 AM
no im not

Lunacie
07-05-13, 09:34 AM
It does seem to be a symptom of ADHD, though like with any symptom,
not everyone has this to the same degree.

I was resistant to the idea of taking a sleep med, but when my p-doc
suggested a med that was originally for depression but is actually more
helpful with sleep, I started taking it and for the first time in my life slept
well, only waking about once a night and able to go back to sleep quickly.

donnzmail
07-05-13, 04:29 PM
thanks lunacie, iv had a couple of nights of unbroken sleep now thank god and was able to get up when my alarm went off, its just the waking up for food that was getting to me when I tell people they find it very strange! hopefully its stopped for a while again!, just didn't know what was causing it, iv not been diagnosed with ADHD but I have a lot of characteristic and im waiting to see if my son gets diagnosed with it in a couple of weeks