View Full Version : Options

Parterxred
07-21-13, 08:23 PM
The public school system is notoriously sub-par for everyone in my city. However, there are some excellent schools within that system.

They're becoming magnet schools. They attract students from other districts due to their excellence and some of them are becoming specialized.

We've also seen a dramatic increase in charter schools. Some of them are actually quite innovative. For example, my cousin attends a charter school where she only actually attends class twice a week and mostly works on her own. She's completing a 4 year diploma in two.

Shop around if you can.

ccom5100
07-27-13, 09:49 PM
We're in the ABQ area also and my grandson has been in charter school since 6th grade. The school he was in is 6-12, but he only stayed there for 6-8. He is going to a different charter school for high school because the curriculum they offer seems more suitable for him. For charter schools, you have to put your name into a lottery drawing; we were lucky that his name was drawn both times. The majority of the charter schools in this area are superior to regular public school and for most of them, it's like getting a private school education for free.