View Full Version : Anybody else eternally sleepy or nocturnal?

ginabren
07-22-13, 03:26 PM
I get so frustrated with myself. I can not manage to do anything, because I always fall asleep. I have 2 jobs, and don't have much free time but when I do-all I do is sleep it away! On the days I work both jobs, if I have a break I will nap in my car. It's just ridiculous. The only way I know how to describe it is "eternally sleepy." I feel so lazy and worthless. Today, I had an appt early in the morning. I managed to get myself up and throw on some sweatpants to get there (nearly falling asleep driving the entire way), but then after the appt I felt more awake. I was excited to go home and clean my house before I had to go to work. I got home, decided to eat something first and then get cleaning. I was SO EXCITED and happy to get my house all nice and put together-I was so motivated. Then what happens as soon as I sit down? Exhausted. And then I can't think straight when I get like that. I convince myself that I can take a 30 minute nap, and then I'll feel better and get everything done. Well here I am, I have to leave for work in 15 minutes and I just woke up from a 4 hour nap. It's so frustrating!

Even more frustrating......I can't seem to actually sleep at night. I have literally laid in bed for FIVE hours multiple times without sleeping. I've tried tv on, tv off, all lights off, soothing sounds, et... but nothing. And it doesn't matter if I get 12 hours, 8 hours, or 3 hours of sleep....I'm always completely dead all of the next day. I feel like nobody gets it and people just think I'm lazy or something or that I'll "grow out of it" which infuriates me to no end. They don't get it. I don't know, I just don't understand but I hate it...anybody with me?

ferez21
07-22-13, 08:15 PM
I can relate, i'm always sleepy.....i had a job in a printing house for a year and a half and i literally got to work in a completely different hour in each and every day (9:13, 10:00, 10:23 etc.). I was lucky my boss loved me and decided to overlook this "habit", i think any other employer would kick my but after one week of this.
So, i'm sleepy most of the time, even had a few work accidents because of that, got injured a couple of times.....i always think that even in an extreme situation that my life would be in danger, i will still be too sleepy and wouldnt be able to save myself.

sarahsweets
07-23-13, 04:54 AM
Have you ever had a sleep study done?

someothertime
07-23-13, 05:01 AM
Without routine.... my energy kicks in after 2pm and peaks after 10pm......

Don't fall asleep just get real, real flat, groggy and um....it's not grumpy..... close to it though....

dresser
07-24-13, 09:29 AM
try some melatonin after you discuss it with yor doc, I'm up every 1 to 2 hr thru the
night, so not much of a sleep patern, started using melatonin still getting up, but my sleep is deeper, I feel better using the melatonin than without it I no longer on the nod, like I used to be

The Letter N
08-05-13, 11:52 AM
I'm in the same boat. I haven't yet been to the point of falling asleep (I might have once or twice) but I'm dragging from the moment I get up to the moment I lie my head down.

I'd suggest going to several doctors until you've conquered the fatigue. It seems nothing helps me (I've gotten blood work done, tried a CPAP for 6+ months for my mild sleep apnoea, tried just about every vitamin and supplement known to man) but I'm now making the rounds with naturopathic doctors to see if there's something I can try.

So, I'd recommend going to various doctors until something works. It's spendy, I know (I'm looking for a job myself), but you're wasting more time and money enduring the fatigue instead of getting it fixed and moving on.

I encourage you to not give up. Keep fighting. One day it'll all be worth it.

BellaVita
08-05-13, 11:57 AM
I don't have the concentration right now to read this whole post, but YES.

I seem to be nocturnal. My days and nights are flipped. I've been this way my whole life, it seems. I also like the night better because there's less people around, which means less anxiety. Also the weather is cooler. And I just seem to have more energy/less foggy mind.

Fuzzy12
08-05-13, 12:12 PM
Maybe it's stress? You are not getting good sleep (even if you sleep for long) so you feel tired during the day and can't function properly and maybe that in turn ruins the quality of your sleep at night?