View Full Version : OCD+PTSD+ANXIETY && Med Cocktail. What is yours?

BlueZebra
07-23-13, 03:01 AM
I am currently taking:

Vyvanse 20MG / daily (ADD-inattentive)
Clonazepam 0.5MG 3 x daily (Chronic Anxiety + OCD + PTSD + BP)

I have researched Provigil / Modafinil and I feel that adding it to my current cocktail could prove to be my perfect treatment.

Does anyone have this combination? If so... how does it work for you?

Thanks! :)

Laserbeak
08-02-13, 03:13 PM
I have ADD, anxiety and depression. Right now I am on:

Adderall XR 20mg/day
Wellbutrin SR 150mg/day
Librium 10mg 3x/day
Temazepam 15mg 3x before bedtime
Prozac 80mg/day

But I'm just in the middle of having a new psychiatrist take over these types of prescriptions from my GP. Things will probably change.

janiew
08-02-13, 04:51 PM
Still working on it with my pdoc who prescribed Adderall ER 25mg, Prozac 20 mg, and Trazodone as needed for sleep - usually one quarter of a 50mg pill.

My family doc prescribed guanfacine 1 mg for high blood pressure. I was on a beta blocker previously which worked well for physical anxiety but it didn't control my blood pressure which came about between November 2012 and May 2013 before Adderall. Looks like guanfacine might have some indications for anxiety, tics, and pstd, as well as blood pressure.

I just started it a couple of nights ago so we're early in the trial.

janiew
08-02-13, 04:53 PM
No benzos here and my Prozac is still early trial at 20 mg as I finish taper off Zoloft. Zoloft gave me GI issues and made me want to drink alcohol. There's a lot of interesting info on that out there.

Jshect
08-06-13, 04:40 AM
Please heed my advice: stay away from large med cocktails unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. The goal is to achieve a certain level of functionality with as few meds as possible. I learned the hard way. These antidepressants should not be called antidepressants; they should be called mood changers with side effects. Right now I am on six prescription medications and two over the counter medications. I am currently addicted to Clonazepam. I tried coming off my antidepressant and Deplin (which enhances the antidepressant) because of unpleasant side effects, and I had SEVERE withdrawal symptoms... Read the side effects and the interactions carefully, THOROUGHLY discuss Meds with your psychiatrist, be wary of psychiatrists who prescribe drug cocktails with ease... I learned the hard way.

sarahsweets
08-06-13, 06:31 AM
One thing to remember, is that for many these meds are a life saver.

[newQUOTE=Jshect;1519936]Please heed my advice: stay away from large med cocktails unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. The goal is to achieve a certain level of functionality with as few meds as possible. I learned the hard way. These antidepressants should not be called antidepressants; they should be called mood changers with side effects. Right now I am on six prescription medications and two over the counter medications. I am currently addicted to Clonazepam. I tried coming off my antidepressant and Deplin (which enhances the antidepressant) because of unpleasant side effects, and I had SEVERE withdrawal symptoms... Read the side effects and the interactions carefully, THOROUGHLY discuss Meds with your psychiatrist, be wary of psychiatrists who prescribe drug cocktails with ease... I learned the hard way.[/QUOTE]