View Full Version : how long would dietary amendments take to manifest?

bibbles
07-28-13, 03:57 PM
Hi all, thanks for checking in.
I gave the search button a good hammering before posting, im after specific experiences in this topic;

So i've recently changed to an organic diet, even started eating meat again after 5 years (just chicken), and im still not noticing any great effects.

question is this; how long would it take to notice the positive effects? its been around 2 weeks by now, still feel pretty much the same though, apart from being more active. my brain function is still scattered and cloudy.

i want to know if its worth it to stop spending so much money on organic food, and start down a route of maybe gluten-free or Dairy free to test.

Thanks for listening :)

Jonathan

Unmanagable
07-28-13, 06:08 PM
From my experience of switching to whole/organic foods and cutting out processed stuff, I haven't noticed any "great" effects all at once, it's been a slow, gradual realization of how much better my overall body functions have improved.

My brain function remains quite chaotic, regardless. But the improved overall body functioning sometimes makes it a little smoother to deal with the monkey mind.

However, if I don't take my meds, following through with those healthier dietary changes won't always happen, and the monkey mind will get even more chaotic, and I end up running off into a ditch, only to dig back out and start over again.

It seems to be a vicious cycle either way, in my opinion, with momentary moments of relief and peace of mind.

One of the most rewarding things I've noticed in my experiences of eating healthier is learning to grow my own. That created a whole new avenue of "feel good" opportunities in my life.

Hope this is helpful.

Twiggy
07-28-13, 06:37 PM
Fish oil can help. I noticed feeling more focused on it. I started taking it 2 days ago.

sarahsweets
07-29-13, 04:31 AM
are you looking to have this diet help with adhd or your overall health?