View Full Version : Do you have to constantly re-tie your shoes?

Greyhound1
07-31-13, 10:58 PM
I have always been a HSP, but lately my feet are getting even more sensitive. Some days, I am constantly re-tying my shoes trying to get the right pressure for each foot. My feet will get sore and irritated unless I have my sneakers just right. Other days, I never think about it or have an issue wearing the same shoes.

BellaVita
07-31-13, 10:58 PM
Yes! I do this. I think it's more of an OCD thing though.

Greyhound1
07-31-13, 11:41 PM
I agree with the OCD too. I just become hyper aware of my feet at times especially when I have a lot of walking or standing to do. I am just not sure if my sensitive feet cause the OCD or if worrying about them makes them more sensitive.

BellaVita
07-31-13, 11:42 PM
I'd bet it's a combination of both.

janiew
08-01-13, 01:22 AM
I am very picky about pressure on my feet. Probably an OCD thing....

stef
08-01-13, 03:19 AM
I don't have any shoes with laces, except some light hiking boots (which I haven't used for at least a year, and I don't like them). It really bothers me when the pressure isn't the same on each foot or they aren't laced tight enough. or the socks aren't "right" !

BellaVita
08-01-13, 03:23 AM
I don't have any shoes with laces, except some light hiking boots (which I haven't used for at least a year, and I don't like them). It really bothers me when the pressure isn't the same on each foot or they aren't laced tight enough. or the socks aren't "right" !

Oh yes can't forget the socks!!!!

:giggle:

Raye
08-01-13, 03:30 PM
I do it because I never tie them tight enough the first time... I think it's pure laziness, not adhd :doh: ( in my case)

ssteve6
10-06-13, 07:28 PM
the pressure of my laces on my feet doesn't bother me but I've been tying my shoe-laces in double knots always ever since I was a kid. Always scared they'd come untied.

the socks have to be comfy tho

OhLookABunny
06-16-14, 11:48 PM
If one of mine becomes looser in the course of the day, I have to re-tie it to make it "equal" in snugness to the other one. Then sometimes after doing so, I find I've "overshot the mark" so then I have to go and retie the other one so they match. ;)

My shoes also tend to work their way loose and my shoestrings come untied frequently - I usually double-knot them and even then they can come undone. And of course I step on them. I'm a klutz. I'm going to post a klutz thread in just a minute. :D

speculative
08-26-14, 11:46 AM
I have to tie my shoes in double knots or they come untied almost immediately. I have to adjust my laces after my feet settle into my shoes and the shoes loosen up. I always have problems with shoes fitting because one foot is a half size bigger than the other one.

Little Missy
08-26-14, 11:52 AM
Socks have to be seamless toes and I tie my laces in a square knot which holds all day. The only trouble is that with the first tie-on I have to keep re-adjusting them over and over until the precise pressure is attained.

During the summer I only wear penny laofers, with pennies, and bare feet inside of them.

addthree
08-26-14, 03:15 PM
I try and only tie shoes once and just slip my feet in and out. I agree if one is different than the other i will go nuts trying to adjust it. I like things even otherwise its just chaos. Always wondered if I have OCD?

Fuzzy12
08-26-14, 03:26 PM
only my walking shoes have got laces but those i need to retie every 30min. It's not a sensory issue though, my shoe laces keep opening up. I realised recently that i tie them differently to everyone else. Maybe that's the problem..:eyebrow:

Greyhound1
08-26-14, 04:28 PM
I am happiest when I am bare foot. Least happy, wearing thick socks and shoes and sweating. The hotter my feet get the tighter my shoes feel.

I seem to be having much less issues with my laces and feet now days. I posted this thread a year ago and it was driving me crazy then. Hopefully, this means I am gaining some sort of control over my OCD/ADHD issues.

stef
08-26-14, 06:53 PM
boots, sandals or flats. Problem solved!

Hathor
08-26-14, 08:53 PM
No, but I was slow to learn shoe tying as a child, and am an ex commercial fisherman who had issues with knots. Tying knots on the fishing gear while out at sea was not a big problem, but when docking the boat I would get anxious and took forever to learn the knots.

boots, sandals or flats. Problem solved!

yes lookee hea dog: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2077/1625330684_8f399f93dd.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFz50q_QmfE

Corina86
08-27-14, 04:19 AM
I am happiest when I am bare foot. Least happy, wearing thick socks and shoes and sweating. The hotter my feet get the tighter my shoes feel.

I seem to be having much less issues with my laces and feet now days. I posted this thread a year ago and it was driving me crazy then. Hopefully, this means I am gaining some sort of control over my OCD/ADHD issues.

I'm the exact opposite. I need thick shoes with thick soles, like hiking boots or running shoes, so I don't feel every bump in the side-walk. Plus, they need to be soft on the inside and not have high heels. It's not an ADHD thing, it's just that I walk a lot daily, very fast as well, and it's damn uncomfortable. I get painful bleeding blisters and my skin gets all thick and cracked- it's just not worth it.

Greyhound1
08-27-14, 11:56 PM
I also have an issues with the weight of shoes. I prefer shoes to be as light as possible. My legs and especially my mind are very sensitive to their weight. Just a few ounces more then I am used to and I can't stand wearing them.

High top sneakers feel like concrete when I am used to a cross train/running shoe.

dvdnvwls
08-28-14, 01:17 AM
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/tying.htm

Site shows different ways to tie (and lace) your shoes, including how to make them stay tied, how to make them easy to take off, creative use of laces to make some shoes fit better, etc.

Have fun!

Joker_Girl
08-28-14, 02:18 AM
You know what I can't stand? Any kind of thong style sandal. How can people walk in these things? I hate it rubbing in between my toes, it always wears a blister. If I try to walk in flip flops, I will trip and have them fall off.
I hate seams in socks, too. I have to buy expensive socks. They have to be soft. They can't be too tight or too loose.
I love those really soft furry socks that you wear about the house. Mmmmmm. But I can't wear them in bed. I will die! If I wear socks to bed, I will be so hot I can't sleep.
I hate if my shoes are not tied tight enough and they wiggle around on my foot. Daughter used to not wear laces some times. Oh my God. They would fall off and trip me if I tried that.
I'm not really good with heels because I'm klutzy, but if it's a platform heel, I can walk in it.