View Full Version : Daytrana was not effective for me

cosmok
08-01-13, 10:35 PM
I tried Daytrana. I know the delivery system is different, therefore the dose is different. I have to say, of all of the different formulations of Ritalin out there, this one was very ineffective. Other people may have better results. I am just one person. Just thought I would give my brief experience with it, since there are no other posts here.

I take Concerta and that seems to work very well. I have tried Focalin, Metadate, Methylin and the IR formulations. Daytrana was like taking a completely different medication. Just my experience. Hopefully others will write about theirs.

bfuddled
08-03-13, 12:14 AM
Thanks, my doctor just switched me to this today and I'm trying to find out if it's even going to be worth the time. I don't see much info about it and the use with adults.

cosmok
08-03-13, 01:12 AM
Always worth a try, I think. I was just so not impressed with it. It made me incredibly tired. Ritalin itself gives me a calming effect, but Daytrana felt like I took a sleeping pill. I was sluggish all day and could get nothing accomplished. It is odd that Daytrana is actually Ritalin, because it felt nothing like it to me at least. I hope you have a better experience! Concerta, in my opinion, is the very best formulation that was ever made. It lasts the longest and is very effective.

workingmemory
08-04-13, 09:29 AM
How long did you try this for?

I personally hate concerta. It made me horribly depressed and anxious. Because of the crash and euphoria. The effect was also very inconsistent.

I wish daytrana was available in Europe.

bfuddled
08-04-13, 03:40 PM
I'll post about how it works, I'm just not sure, since I have tried Ritalin/Concerta and didn't feel like they worked near as well as Adderall, but we'll see. Thanks for the reply!

cosmok
08-08-13, 12:45 PM
How long did you try this for?

I personally hate concerta. It made me horribly depressed and anxious. Because of the crash and euphoria. The effect was also very inconsistent.

I wish daytrana was available in Europe.

I will admit, I only tried it for one month. I switched back quickly.

bfuddled
08-08-13, 08:02 PM
Well I finally got the Daytrana, it took forever and going to a pharmacy 30 min away to get. I'm on day 2 and not too impressed. I think it may be the difference between Amphetamine and Methylphenidate, though, I get headaches and kind of grouchy on methylphenidate, that's what's been happening, so I'll keep trying till my appointment next week and talk with my doc about going back to Adderall.

sarahsweets
08-09-13, 06:29 AM
if ir goes through the kids for me, its useless.

sarahsweets
08-09-13, 06:42 AM
amphemiwe mayt help

Raye
08-11-13, 09:19 AM
sorry it didn't work out for you. Nothing like trying a new med, in hopes of it working only for it to be a let down :(

workingmemory
08-11-13, 07:40 PM
Well I finally got the Daytrana, it took forever and going to a pharmacy 30 min away to get. I'm on day 2 and not too impressed. I think it may be the difference between Amphetamine and Methylphenidate, though, I get headaches and kind of grouchy on methylphenidate, that's what's been happening, so I'll keep trying till my appointment next week and talk with my doc about going back to Adderall.

I read that much bigger part of the levo isomer gets absorbed via transdermal route compared to oral. Maybe this has something do with it?

Damn you Americans have so much to chose from! Here in Europe only oral rasemic MPH and IR DEX are available. :lol:

bfuddled
08-14-13, 10:21 PM
We Americans like our drugs. :)