View Full Version : Binaural Beats, and the effects of external electrical fields

Kunga Dorji
08-11-13, 06:44 PM
An interesting discussion on the subject of binaural beats and brain entrainment, and learning capacities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1_XUdQo2AU

While it it entitled "exellent mind control documentary" it really is looking at tools we can use to improve performance and integrated left - right brain integration.

The guts of this stuff lies in th3 14-24 minute section, but the rest is interesting.

I am experimenting with a free app called iBrain Wave- looking to see if that enhances my meditation.

He discusses a special school for the ADD, and their enormous successes in producing enormous improvements, rendering stimulants irrelevant for 80% of the student enrolled in their programs.

janiew
08-11-13, 06:48 PM
I had very good success with binaural beats for sleep. At work, when I needed to concentrate, tune out stuff, and be in a groove, I found that techno worked very well. That was undiagnosed but I get it now.

Kunga Dorji
12-12-13, 10:16 AM
I had very good success with binaural beats for sleep. At work, when I needed to concentrate, tune out stuff, and be in a groove, I found that techno worked very well. That was undiagnosed but I get it now.

The whole questions of attunement and entrainment are vitally important in learning to stabilise attention.

Ultimately this leads into the strange subject of Shamanism, where. of course, entrainment by musical beat is of vital importance in achieving the desired mental state.

In ADHD - we have big problems achieving the necessary states of consciousness in terms of regulation of attention, alertness and emotional state& impulse control. So it makes sense to consider these areas.