View Full Version : SOOOOOOOOOOOO any good antidepressiants?

karbouris
08-16-13, 07:21 PM
I am new to the antidepressant category, I have been on Luvox and Paxil. I was taking them for OCD/General anxiety. I also was on Concerta at the same time. Concerta and Luvox made me full blown manic and Concerta and Paxil made me attempt to plot my own demise. I just had my son that was conceived while manic. So is there ANY that don't make you feel apathetic and not want to die?

tambourine-man
08-17-13, 11:43 AM
I am new to the antidepressant category, I have been on Luvox and Paxil. I was taking them for OCD/General anxiety. I also was on Concerta at the same time. Concerta and Luvox made me full blown manic and Concerta and Paxil made me attempt to plot my own demise. I just had my son that was conceived while manic. So is there ANY that don't make you feel apathetic and not want to die?

Are you bipolar? If so, SSRIs and SNRIs may trigger mania, especially when combined with stimulants. Wellbutrin doesn't typically trigger mania. I found it blocks the effects of my stimulants though.

If you're bipolar, I would recommend you try Lyrica. It isn't classified as an antidepressant though I feel it has strong antidepressant and anxyolitic qualities. It can also help to stabilize mood.

I you're bipolar using a stimulant or SSRI can be risky, and using both is really asking for trouble.

karbouris
08-18-13, 06:39 PM
Are you bipolar? If so, SSRIs and SNRIs may trigger mania, especially when combined with stimulants. Wellbutrin doesn't typically trigger mania. I found it blocks the effects of my stimulants though.

If you're bipolar, I would recommend you try Lyrica. It isn't classified as an antidepressant though I feel it has strong antidepressant and anxyolitic qualities. It can also help to stabilize mood.

I you're bipolar using a stimulant or SSRI can be risky, and using both is really asking for trouble.

Um, as far as I know I am not bipolar. I do have mood swings, but not for any unknown reason. I am either one extreme or another but it's also for a normal reason.