View Full Version : ginkgo biloba

ritalin_ADDict
08-18-13, 01:13 PM
so I am interested in this supplement I know many healthy people use this to improve their cognition( memory, concentration, blood circulation to the brain) besides other health effects. It appeals to me also because of the ADD and I am very tall so the blood circulation part cant hurt:faint:. I am curious to know about your experiences with it. please share thank you.

rainontheground
08-18-13, 01:42 PM
I bought some, but haven't used it consistently so I won't comment on it's effects.

It was cheap. I bought it in herb form at a pagan store.

To cook it (IMPORTANT) you need to let water get to a slow simmer, add the ginko for 20 mins. Use honey to sweeten. If you over boil it, it will just be odd tasting tea. :)

Also, check out Rhodilia Root.

I have also found using an oil warmer with rosemary, and sweet basil "helps" my concentration. I think it's more, it smells good, and the smell constantly reminds me what I need to be doing. General Life Hint: if you have something really stinking, mix water, vinegar, and a stronger smelling essential oil, and it will be gone.

I mix lime essential oil w/water in a spray and spray it around my room when I am feeling really down. Lavender is another essential oil said to help lift the mood-more people use lavender.

I don't know how effective these truly are. I need to try them more.

I do think Omega 3 helps. I use nordic naturals because it has a more equal level of DHA, and EPA which I heard was good.

ritalin_ADDict
08-20-13, 11:56 AM
I bought some, but haven't used it consistently so I won't comment on it's effects.

It was cheap. I bought it in herb form at a pagan store.

To cook it (IMPORTANT) you need to let water get to a slow simmer, add the ginko for 20 mins. Use honey to sweeten. If you over boil it, it will just be odd tasting tea. :)

Also, check out Rhodilia Root.

I have also found using an oil warmer with rosemary, and sweet basil "helps" my concentration. I think it's more, it smells good, and the smell constantly reminds me what I need to be doing. General Life Hint: if you have something really stinking, mix water, vinegar, and a stronger smelling essential oil, and it will be gone.

I mix lime essential oil w/water in a spray and spray it around my room when I am feeling really down. Lavender is another essential oil said to help lift the mood-more people use lavender.

I don't know how effective these truly are. I need to try them more.

I do think Omega 3 helps. I use nordic naturals because it has a more equal level of DHA, and EPA which I heard was good.
very interesting..I have used music and sound for concentration but never smell. thank you