View Full Version : Stomach Surgery..

dogluver358
08-18-13, 02:56 PM
I have a hernia and major problems with acid reflux. The surgeon is willing to do the surgery, but he also wants to do a gastric sleeve while he's in there. I've never been this massively overweight in my whole life until the last 2-3 years or so. I've been trying to lose it. I'm waiting on test results to set up my next appointment with my surgeon, but I don't know if I want to do a sleeve at my age.

I've struggled with anorexia when I was younger, but this weight gain (and I'm obese now...according to BMI) has been the result of two medicines that I cannot get off of, well I got off one but haven't lost any weight or gained anymore either by still staying on the other one. I hate going to the doctor for something unrelated to my weight and get a lecture. It's not like I chose to be fat. Sometimes when I was on those two medicines I hardly ate but still gained a lot. They always assume I've been stuffing my face, but sometimes I haven't been.

I just want to know if anyone has had this surgery or something similar would you do it again? I'm torn between doing it but am I doing it because I want to fit into my children's sized clothing again (when I was very underweight)? It's a permanent thing and that's the only thing that worries me. I've tried diet and exercise and short of being put in an insane asylum when I'm off meds to try and lose it, the weight isn't budging.

I've had some of my other doctors encouraging me to do this. So anyone ever have weight lose surgery? I'd like to chat if someone has.

SteveEk
09-25-13, 07:04 AM
I never rely on surgery to lose weight, I follow healthy and well balance routine, drink lemon juice and plenty of water as much as possible and stay away from junk/fast food and do daily exercise to burn calories.