View Full Version : Desoxyn medication supplement

OddGaffer
08-18-13, 11:17 PM
I saw the other thread about desoxyn supplementation. but my question is slightly different.

I'm on 25mg of desoxyn a day dosed as 10/10/5 but the problem is that between doses i start to lag. I lose my focus and drive, but the medication works really well when i take it.

My question is this, is there any chance something like vyvanse could be used to supplement my desoxyn? or is this unhealthy?

I dont want to give up desoxyn i just need something to make my entire day more functional.

tambourine-man
08-21-13, 12:25 PM
I saw the other thread about desoxyn supplementation. but my question is slightly different.

I'm on 25mg of desoxyn a day dosed as 10/10/5 but the problem is that between doses i start to lag. I lose my focus and drive, but the medication works really well when i take it.

My question is this, is there any chance something like vyvanse could be used to supplement my desoxyn? or is this unhealthy?

I dont want to give up desoxyn i just need something to make my entire day more functional.

I had this same issue. See, Desoxyn isn't actually any stronger than Adderall or Dexedrine in therapeutic doses, from what I can tell. I'm now taking two doses of 20mg Adderall IR and it gets me through the whole day simply because both doses are large enough that they stick around for awhile. Your Desoxyn doses are probably too low to have much staying power. It is unlikely, however, that your doc will want to increase them too much.

You could ask about supplementing with Vyvanse but your doc would probably just want to switch you to something else.

OddGaffer
08-22-13, 05:27 PM
I actually spoke with my dr today and she's going to add in vyvanse. I just hope my insurance company doesnt ***** that im getting 2 different stimulants prescribed.

tambourine-man
08-24-13, 07:46 AM
I actually spoke with my dr today and she's going to add in vyvanse. I just hope my insurance company doesnt ***** that im getting 2 different stimulants prescribed.

Awesome! I remember when I was taking Desoxyn and Dexedrine Spansules. That was a good combo.