View Full Version : Visited the new school last night.

JenE
08-23-13, 10:33 AM
We had orientation at the new private school last night. He was very anxious and broke down on me at first. I calmed him down and explained this was one of those things we have to do and we would do it together. It was crowded and loud and he kept saying it was too many people and he wanted to go home but he held it together. We finally got to see the room and meet his teacher. His learning area is like a living room with couches and floor cushions and several breakout rooms furnished the same way--very informal and inviting. His teachers are VERY nice and the approach to learning is more discussion and cooperative learning which is small groups and hands on. The whole environment and teaching approach is nothing like hes used to in public school.

I made him stay for quite some time so he could get more comfy with the environment and we talked with his teacher for quite some time. He came away very positive. I know he will still be anxious on Monday (1<SUP>st</SUP> day of school) but I hope hell be able to work through it. It may take a few days but Im feeling optimistic.

ccom5100
08-23-13, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a wonderful environment, Jen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

TygerSan
08-26-13, 07:38 AM
Thinking of you this morning.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Tmoney
08-26-13, 07:48 AM
Yes, good luck, I hope everything goes well!