View Full Version : "art therapy": beautiful/sublime/melodious

peripatetic
08-26-13, 02:13 PM
if i have a "therapy" that's "spiritual"...to help in times of struggle...it's "art". curious to see what others have that is "art therapy" if you care to share.

when life is hardest it's hardest for me to find. so, two i've been sent:

bean; ginniebean

"In the point of rest at the centre of our being, we encounter a world where all things are at rest in the same way. Then a tree becomes a mystery, a cloud a revelation, each man a cosmos of whose riches we can only catch a glimpse. The life of simplicity is simple, but it opens to us a book in which we never get past the first syllable." Dag Hammarskjold.

esh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qv3w3_UmVE

TygerSan
08-26-13, 02:45 PM
For me it's probably music. If I'm really ****** off at the world, I put my headphones on and crank up the volume.

I have angry music and spiritual music (not religious, per se, just music that really moves me deeply, with lyrics that are really, really meaningful to me). Often times if I'm alone, I'll sing aloud, and that's also very therapeutic. I wish I liked the sound of my voice better, though :(

TygerSan
08-26-13, 02:49 PM
This is a piece of spoken word/ rap that I can listen to on repeat for a very long time. It's also, funnily enough, probably as religious as I get.

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Times; panose-1:2 0 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style>
Lack of Love of Self within is the fact above original sin.
Original men bore with lights within a complex thought
whose thoughts begin in a reflection that bent back.

We live inside a mirror that can’t crack
Creating images that lack negative pictures.
Our self portrait it was written in scriptures
with words that I heard but seen in the mind of those whose vision not blurred by the unaware’s false perception.

Knowledge past caught within your ear’s reception giving birth to virgin conceptions. Immaculate search for my soul perfection that our maps are no lost direction.
You see all roads cross on a course to resurrection.

Raise your force and return to light like dawn borne in the death of night.
My thoughts separate lies like a prism does light.
Some are blind to their prison in life.

They accept what they are given in [sight?] trapped in a religion of a maze that turned kings into slaves by promising a heaven in their graves
When it’s reality is risen in these days living in this Eden. Every second your breath is leaving so stop praying for the Grace you’re already receiving.
Written words consume and reading is like food for thought,
And though the crude resort to cash and plastic cards they only get trumped when reality crash so hard
So why these often thoughts of a bastrd?

Your father was the son, Allah, Buddah, Jesus All are one
And please recall my son, your mother is your nature,
and when you hate you hate yourself and no monetary gains can replace your health,
So existence is where you should replace your wealth
And with persistence please keep that light in the distance that travels at the speed of thought.

Ignorant minds are in need of support to realize their potential.
My body is just my spirit’s residential. Mind, body and soul, the three elemental.
A holy trinity that’s not coincidental because I am we, we are she, and he is me, G-O-D. One love, peace, and unity.

TygerSan
08-26-13, 02:54 PM
Also

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ltun92DfnPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5ma5tF6TJpA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YtZUM0JhLvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flory
08-26-13, 02:54 PM
I definitely wouldn't be able to get by without music I have a song for every mood that manages to verbalise how I feel internally

sarek
08-26-13, 03:23 PM
For me its music as well. Mostly new age and spiritual.

I wonder why it is that some people are much more visually oriented while others focus more on sound.

peripatetic
08-26-13, 03:27 PM
thank you tyger for all :D that first video ... compelling and always love leonard's voice..all four are great x

sarek....flory...this is SHOW and tell...;)...yes, i selfishly started this ...for examples. x and..the idea that...for me... it can stand alone...and express me far better than these letters strung in lines... if i could i would...but will one day post examples :)

Melbot
08-27-13, 09:45 AM
I would NOT have been able to keep sane all these years if I didn't have my music!! Is incredibly therapeutic for me! When I hear lyrics that I can relate to it makes me feel a little better knowing that someone else felt the same. I love the passion certain artists have when they sing. I recently learned to drive (at 30 :o) and one of my all time favorite things to do is to just drive and listen to my music! My ultamite scenario is to be driving alone at night when the weather is nice, have my window rolled down and have my music blasting and not giving a crap about what anyone thinks about it! Oh, on the threaputic note I also LOVE watching lightning storms! I can feel the energy of the storm! Overall I've grown to love my own company. After high school I didnt have any friends to hang out with so I was forced to be alone a lot. I find being alone very relaxing.

mildadhd
08-28-13, 02:37 PM
ADD Blues

Waiting Behind Glass

by Speelgoed

http://speelgoed.bandcamp.com/track/waiting-behind-glass

mildadhd
08-29-13, 11:33 PM
"Candlewax"

by Speelgoed

http://speelgoed.bandcamp.com/track/candlewax

Peripheral

mildadhd
08-29-13, 11:42 PM
I love this music.

Something I can relate to between the timing, that I think Candlewax expresses brilliantly.

Peripheral

mildadhd
08-29-13, 11:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNhrdTLQ87s