View Full Version : is focalin a good medicine to try if i dont want side effects

Tinatheawesome
08-31-13, 10:19 PM
what is your experience with focalin good or bad

ana futura
08-31-13, 10:46 PM
I love focalin. It's a really subtle med. I've tried almost every single med on the market, it's my favorite by far.

For me the side effects sucked while I was getting used to it, but unlike every other med I've tried the side effects went away after only a couple weeks.

I think it's a really good choice for a first med to try, because it's much subtler than other meds, so you wont go in expecting to "feel" it.

In my experience, the only thing you "feel" on focalin is side effects, and that means the dose is too high. For me that's edginess and anxiety.

Amtram
09-01-13, 12:03 AM
They all have side effects for at least some of the people who take them. I had no side effects from focalin, but I also had no effects from focalin. Unfortunately, the only way to know is to try. Just make sure you know what side effects to watch for that mean you should stop the medication and which ones are just temporary things that go away once you get used to it.

sarahsweets
09-02-13, 08:25 AM
As long as you are not sensitive to anything from the methlyphenidate class of drugs you should be ok.

ana futura
09-02-13, 10:12 AM
As long as you are not sensitive to anything from the methlyphenidate class of drugs you should be ok.

In my experience focalin was very different than ritalin. Ritalin would trigger deep dpressions in me when it wore off, focalin never has.

So even if you are sensitive, it might still be okay.

Whatever it is about ritalin that I can't tolerate seems to be in the Levo isomer only.