View Full Version : No talk about Adderall's demise?

Lexicon
02-24-05, 05:52 PM
Actually, it seems like there's not much talk in here at all.

Anyway, I assume you know about the pulling of Adderall XR in Canada... so, who was taking it? I was, and continued to do so until my bottle was out, since Health Canada is clearly overreacting about this. Now I'm on Concerta, which I wanted to try anyway, using the prescription for free 18mg pills my doctor gave me--so I can raise or lower to see what's good for me. After that I'm supposed to go to 54mg, which he said is equivalent to 30mg of Adderall, which I was taking, but I think I might just take 36mg instead... although I suppose that means another trip to the doctor--a pharmacy can't lower the dosage they dispense by request, can they? The Concerta was giving me quite a pressure in my head feeling, but today it doesn't seem to be there. It's my second day lowering my Paxil dose, though, so maybe it's the combination of Concerta and Paxil that was giving me the pressure. (I've been wanting to get off Paxil for a while now, but I've got to take it slow--I tried to taper far too quickly a couple months ago and got really sick, so I had to start taking it full-strength again).

And my last health plan submission came back with them not covering Adderall, perhaps due to it being pulled, even though they likely got the submission prior to it being pulled from the market. Supposedly they're going to call me back tomorrow and let me know what's up. They'd better--that stuff's fecking expensive.

Anyway, rehi all who remember me (months back I was really active here for a couple weeks, but then I got a new obsession)

Gregster
02-25-05, 01:28 AM
There's lots of talk about it in the Adderall section. Stupid decision by Health Canada - a huge overreaction as far as I'm concerned.
Don't let your insurance company rip you off - they're just trying to avoid paying. Insurance companies aren't really worried about your health, they're worried about their shareholders, who want a good return on their money. Your health only really matters to them because if you are healthy, they don't have to pay out as much.

ADHDLawStudent
03-31-05, 11:54 AM
I got switched from Adderall to Dexedrine, only real difference seems to be that I have to take one extra dose per day (used to take 40 mg of Adderall in the AM, now take two 10 mg capsules of Dexedrine in the AM and two 5 mg tablets in the afternoon).

I'm not sure that the Adderall or Dexedrine are helping at all. Is Concerta working well?

I also take a 150 mg Wellbutrin XR twice daily, and a 37.5 mg Effexor twice daily.