View Full Version : Who has taken Tiapentine/Stablon?

calcal
09-10-13, 10:36 PM
I am thinking about trying this, however I'm also a little worried
cause I heard that in France it's a controlled substance, which sounds like it's addictive or something like that. I mean why are they making such a fuss in France if the stuff isn't somehow addictive?

And what also worries me is that I often read that it works well at first but then poops out. Is this true? If yes then this would suck then trying it wouldn't make sense. i mean why try something which poops out after a while?

I also read that the recommended dose 3x12,5mg is way too small and that people tend to take higher doses. This would also suck cause doctors will probably not agree on using higher doses. :confused:

DichotOhMy
10-05-13, 01:18 AM
I am thinking about trying this, however I'm also a little worried
cause I heard that in France it's a controlled substance, which sounds like it's addictive or something like that. I mean why are they making such a fuss in France if the stuff isn't somehow addictive?

And what also worries me is that I often read that it works well at first but then poops out. Is this true? If yes then this would suck then trying it wouldn't make sense. i mean why try something which poops out after a while?

I also read that the recommended dose 3x12,5mg is way too small and that people tend to take higher doses. This would also suck cause doctors will probably not agree on using higher doses. :confused:

No one has responded in the last 4 weeks, but I have been using Tianeptine for 9 weeks now and can weigh in.

In my opinion, Tianeptine is most useful as an anxiolytic. This may be related to it's mechanism of action, thought to be the GABA system in the brain with other effects on serotonin and dopamine that are seemingly tricky to pinpoint. Tianeptine is also thought to have a significant effect in neuroplasticity and mitigating and reversing the damaging effects of cortisol. While I've never been diagnosed with any anxiety-spectrum disorder, and don't manifest any serious symptoms of anxiety, Tianeptine has a noticeable correlation on crushing any situational anxiety that may otherwise be triggered for me.

Mood wise, I find that it helps a lot to even out my moods, but not in a way that is disproportionate to the situation at hand. What I mean by that is that I don't feel apathetic like fluoxetine has made me feel, but also not artificially elated. Instead, it seems to have all of the positive effects that are associated with a good antidepressant (less rumination, easier to power past negative emotions, etc) without leaving you with a feeling of being "drugged" in any way.

That "drugged" feeling I mention is also significant in that unlike with SNRIs and SSRIs, Tianeptine users report minimal, if any side effects, and it is true for me as well. Tianeptine doesn't affect my libido, or make me eat more or less, or sleep more or less, or make me feel wierd if I forget to take a dose at some point in the day. Unfortunately, you do need to keep up with doses due to the relatively short duration of effects (3-5 hours) of the drug. As an added bonus, I can't tell any negative interactions between Tianeptine with Bupropion or Methylphenidate.

There are numerous good sources for Tianeptine on the internet, whether in the tablet or powder form, for a cost that averages out at not much more than the typical prescription copay. In my opinion, 3x 12.5mg per day is a conservative dose and you might be better titrating up higher on it. I'm currently on 4x 12.5mg per day.

Here's a detailed, and decent NIH article about the mechanism and properties of Tianeptine:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2902200/

calcal
10-05-13, 06:36 PM
Thanks for your reply.
This sounds pretty good what you describe.

How quickly did you feel an effect when you started with stablon? Did it take a few weeks?

Does your doc know that you're taking 4 X 12.5?
I wonder when you take 4 doses per day instead of 3 doses then does the effect after taking the pill become stronger or are you simply reducing the time between each dose to prevent the effect from becoming weaker? I mean the single dose is still the same you're still only taking 12.5mg at a time.

And have you tried what happens if you miss a dose? Do you directly start to feel depressed again?

And do you know if stablon could be combined with a benzo like valium or ativan? I mean what if I'm on stablon but need a benzo?

DichotOhMy
10-06-13, 04:15 PM
How quickly did you feel an effect when you started with stablon? Did it take a few weeks?

Like psychostimulants, you feel the effect within about 30 minutes the first time, and every time to come. At first, the Tianeptine had a very mild stimulant effect for me, but this faded after 2 weeks. The anxiolytic effect was immediate and has proven consistent. My moods are very, very rapid cycling as a baseline, and it took around 3 weeks on Tianeptine before I noticed that evening out. My mood still flies in circles on it's own (I'm diagnosed ADHD-C, YMMV) but not as intensely.

Does your doc know that you're taking 4 X 12.5?

Yes, I told my psychiatrist. Honestly, though, I don't know if he bothered checking up on what Tianeptine is. North American doctors have no reason to know what Tianeptine is.

I wonder when you take 4 doses per day instead of 3 doses then does the effect after taking the pill become stronger or are you simply reducing the time between each dose to prevent the effect from becoming weaker? I mean the single dose is still the same you're still only taking 12.5mg at a time.

I'm going 4x daily to hypothetically boost the effect, and minimize rebound effects. At 4x daily, given 16 waking hours, you're covered all day. In my experience, the drug's effects wear off after 4.5 - 5 hours, so dosing every four hours makes for smooth transitions. There are a number of users who report taking much higher doses of Tianeptine to no ill effect.

And have you tried what happens if you miss a dose? Do you directly start to feel depressed again?

I have missed doses, because let's admit it can be hard to remember to do things like take a pill, but have gotten mostly 100% about taking it as a routine is established. I'd say the depression does try to creep it's foot back in the door after missing a day, but the effect is subtle and not a return to baseline. Notably, I mentioned no withdrawl effects immediately attributable to the drug. I'd say YMMV depending on how depressed you are at your baseline in the first place. I'm hoping over time the neuro-plastic effect of Tianeptine can lead to eventually not needing to take it anymore.

And do you know if stablon could be combined with a benzo like valium or ativan? I mean what if I'm on stablon but need a benzo?

I have no idea, sorry.

calcal
10-14-13, 12:43 AM
Hi, I'm gonna try stablon in the next few weeks as soon as I see my doc next time I'll ask him for it.

How do you get the stuff? Do you order it online and pay for it yourself?

And are there any food restrictions? What sucks a bit is that I usually take a lot of nutritional supplements like whey protein, amino acid pills, spirulina tablets. I don't know if I can keep taking this stuff or if there could be interactions. SSRI all have the warning that you mustn't take L-Tryptophan when on it and protein powder and amino acids pills all contain Trypotphan. :confused:

And do you have to take the pills on an empty stomach or before or after food? Or does it not matter when you take them? It would be complicated if you could only take them when the stomach is relatively empty cause then you'd have to arrange your food intake according to the stablon intake.