View Full Version : Thinking about switching to Strattera

aviator7
09-11-13, 02:16 AM
Hi Everyone, since February of this year I have been taking 2x 10mg of Adderall IR and while it worked well in the beginning I can feel it not really doing it's job anymore. I don't want to increase dosage.

I feel like my ADHD (inattentive) has gotten worse. I was able to "get by" with work up until Adderall and, while it was great for a few months, I can't seem to "get by" without it.

I'm 22 years old and do not have any other medical issues.

Would you guys recommend Strattera? What should I look out for?

Daydreamin22
09-11-13, 08:14 AM
Hmm. I think that they now know the best treatment for inattentive. I just don'tk now what it is.. haha I'm inattentive on adderall. Yea, I'm dependent on it. You can do it though if you have only been taking it for a while and you want to switch. Hope that helps!

Anyhow, I found this great new book for inattentives. FInally another one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ADHD-Predominantly-Inattentive-by-Frederic-P-Miller-Paperback-Book-English-/360714843558?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item53fc47b5a6

someothertime
09-11-13, 08:19 AM
Why don't you wan't to increase the dosage?
How are the other areas of your life?
In what ways are you worse?

dvdnvwls
09-11-13, 10:07 PM
Strattera is commonly given to, and commonly requested by, people who are addicted to stimulants - because it isn't one, so it's one part of helping to keep them out of trouble.

Is that some of what's behind your question?

neetah
09-23-13, 10:25 AM
Im in the same boat as you. I got by on dexedrine which is very similar to adderall for years, but its not working for me anymore. and i want to try either wellbutrin or strattera.