View Full Version : Hello, question regarding methylphenidate

fyrddd
09-13-13, 11:54 PM
Early this week I changed my prescription from 10mg Adderall XR to methylphenidate. As the Adderall XR was making me feel like crap and it wasn't working anymore after two weeks. So my doctor put me on methylphenidate which Is working somewhat it is a 10mg IR dose twice a day. The symptoms so far is that whenever I take it in the morning I get the boost after awhile I start slowing down and feeling like crap (Tuesday). So I read and It was my consumption of water was low so I fixed that. So forth taking it in the morning I get my boost time passes since I take it later in the day the boost is gone but I know it is still working as I feel relaxed (Almost too relaxed). Come this working weekend as I'm Waiter the problem is that I feel hyper focused. Causing me to screw up, which is bad. The past two days I have been taking it at three as I'm worried as to what it would do to me during work. Also note that I took Prilosec before work today. What should I do I don't want to lose my job.

dvdnvwls
09-14-13, 03:49 AM
Hello, and welcome.

At the beginning of a new drug, your dose may need to be adjusted. If it's too high or too low, it will not work quite right. That might be what's happening.

Do you drink coffee? Or tea? You need to quit. Caffeine can cause problems with both methylphenidate and Adderall.

fyrddd
09-14-13, 05:43 AM
Ahh so having some the previous day will also affect it. Should I take half of what I'm taking now during the day. As I go into work today.