View Full Version : ADDF Quiz Game 1

midnightstar
09-19-13, 07:28 AM
Rules:

You cannot use google or any other search engine to find out the answers :) You are allowed to search ADDF to see how to spell the names of medications however (say for example if there's a medication question)

The winner of game 1 must private message me the questions for the next game within 48 hours of this game closing otherwise the person in second place gets to choose the questions.

Please listen to others in the thread if they feel they need to explain an answer they gave and please obey the forum rules to prevent any mods having to hand out punishments over a game.

This game ends on the evening of the 26th September to give everyone who wants to join in a chance to think and a chance to post what their answers are. Answers will then be posted on this thread. Editing is not allowed because it would be easy to edit your answers or get a mod to do it to get a higher score and that counts as cheating. This will get you disqualified (note to the mods - please refuse if anyone asks you to edit their answers in here)

Questions can be about any topic (as long as it obeys forum rules)

Only one set of answers per member please to make it fair for everyone :)

Try your best, I'll make the first set of questions as easy as I can :)

In the event of a draw, the members in the draw may choose the questions together as long as they let me know the questions by the date I have set

There will be 10 questions, just try your best and have fun :)

midnightstar
09-19-13, 07:32 AM
Questions will be coming when I next have a break at college :)

Fuzzy12
09-19-13, 08:25 AM
Should we post answers on this thread?

midnightstar
09-19-13, 08:54 AM
Yes post answers on this thread :)

midnightstar
09-19-13, 09:16 AM
The Questions:

1) What does ADHD mean? (by this I mean what does each of the letters mean in words)
2)Is there a single cause for clinical depression?
3)What is bipolar depression?
4) Is depression called the "Black Horse", "Black Dog" or the "Black Cat"?
5) Mental illness doesn't really exist: true or false?
*****non ADDF related questions*****
6) In 2008, Kate Winslet finally won an Academy Award for Best Actress – but which film was it for?
7)Who recorded ‘Yesterday Once More’ in 1973?
8) What is the name of the Walt Disney elephant that has the ability to fly?
9) In which district of London did Jack the Ripper’s attacks take place?
10) What colour is a New York City taxi?

OK go :)

Fuzzy12
09-19-13, 09:37 AM
Uggh...pressed the back button by mistake. Now I have to start again. :rolleyes:The Questions:

1) What does ADHD mean? (by this I mean what does each of the letters mean in words)

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

2)Is there a single cause for clinical depression?

Probably not but no one seems to be sure at the moment. I think, most people go with a genetic vulnerability followed by an environmental trigger

3)What is bipolar depression?

The depressive phase in patients with bipolar disorder :D

4) Is depression called the "Black Horse", "Black Dog" or the "Black Cat"?

No Idea :rolleyes: I'll go with Black Dog

5) Mental illness doesn't really exist: true or false?

Well, if it didn't, my brain would be doing a pretty good impression of acting crazy. So TRUE

6) In 2008, Kate Winslet finally won an Academy Award for Best Actress – but which film was it for?

No idea. Was it Never Neverland? Or is that older than 2008 :scratch:

7)Who recorded ‘Yesterday Once More’ in 1973?

No idea :eek:
8) What is the name of the Walt Disney elephant that has the ability to fly?

Dumbo :o
9) In which district of London did Jack the Ripper’s attacks take place?

I know it was somewhere in East London but I'm not sure about the district. Was it Hackney? :eyebrow:

10) What colour is a New York City taxi?

Yellow, maybe?? :scratch:

OK go :)

Lunacie
09-19-13, 09:48 AM
1) What does ADHD mean? Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder

2)Is there a single cause for clinical depression? No

3)What is bipolar depression? I dunno, I don't have bipolar

4) Is depression called the "Black Horse", "Black Dog" or the "Black Cat"? I dunno.

5) Mental illness doesn't really exist: true or false? False!!!

6) In 2008, Kate Winslet finally won an Academy Award for Best Actress – but which film was it for? I dunno.

7)Who recorded ‘Yesterday Once More’ in 1973? I dunno.

8) What is the name of the Walt Disney elephant that has the ability to fly? That would be Dumbo!

9) In which district of London did Jack the Ripper’s attacks take place? I can't remember but I'm sure I'll say "duh, of course."

edited: I think it was White Chapel?

10) What colour is a New York City taxi? yellow

Wow, those were harder than I expected.

TygerSan
09-19-13, 09:50 AM
1. ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

2. I would say that there is no single cause for clinical depression.

3. Bipolar depression, as opposed to unipolar depression is characterized by cycles of not only low mood, but also periods of euthymia (normal mood) as well as elevated mood (mania/hypo mania).

4. Never heard depression called any of those. Immgoing to go with black horse, as like a black horse candidate, it comes out of nowhere.

5. I suck at true false questions usually. This one is easy: false, mental illness exists, although it may have some physical cause.

6. I have absolutely no idea. Pop culture and I apparently don't get along. I'll go with The Help.

7. Again, stumped. Will go with Elvis.

8. Dumbo is the elephant.

9. Bah! I'll guess SOHO.

10. Yellow.

midnightstar
09-22-13, 10:36 AM
Anyone else want to try the quiz? :)

midnightstar
09-25-13, 04:58 AM
The Answers:

1) What does ADHD mean? (by this I mean what does each of the letters mean in words) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
2)Is there a single cause for clinical depression? No
3)What is bipolar depression? The depressive phase in bipolar disorder
4) Is depression called the "Black Horse", "Black Dog" or the "Black Cat"? Black Dog
5) Mental illness doesn't really exist: true or false? False - it does exist
6) In 2008, Kate Winslet finally won an Academy Award for Best Actress – but which film was it for? The Reader
7)Who recorded ‘Yesterday Once More’ in 1973? The Carpenters
8) What is the name of the Walt Disney elephant that has the ability to fly? Dumbo
9) In which district of London did Jack the Ripper’s attacks take place? Whitechapel
10) What colour is a New York City taxi? Yellow

I'm going to count how many people have got right and private message the winner :)

midnightstar
09-25-13, 05:03 AM
OK we have a draw - TygerSan and Fuzzy with 6 each, Lunacie sorry lovely but you only got 5 because you edited one of your answers so I didn't include it in your total :grouphug:

TygerSan and Fuzzy can either choose 5 questions each or choose to have a tie-breaker question :grouphug:

With the tie breaker first one with the correct answer gets to choose the questions and if they want to run the quiz they can post the questions
:grouphug:

Abi
09-25-13, 05:35 AM
I missed this :(

I would have gotten 5. I was sure Kate Winslet won the Oscar for TITANIC though?

midnightstar
09-25-13, 05:37 AM
I missed this :(

I would have gotten 5. I was sure Kate Winslet won the Oscar for TITANIC though?

For that question I was going by what a pub quiz website said :o

There's always game 2 though Abi lovely :grouphug:

TygerSan
09-25-13, 08:18 AM
So fuzzy,what say you? It's been a while since I've written questions. This'll be fun :)

Lunacie
09-25-13, 08:23 AM
That's my ADHD impulsivity in action - jumping in and answering the
questions without taking some time to think about the answers. I would
have gotten the Jack the Ripper one, and maybe the Carpenters if I'd given
my memory a little time to dig up the answers.

TygerSan
09-25-13, 09:34 AM
The Jack the Ripper one I would have gotten on a multiple choice, I think, but I was never going to come up with it on my own.

midnightstar
09-25-13, 09:47 AM
I just thought it might be better if we have a tiebreaker question, that way only one person knows all the answers and the other members playing the quiz can't cheat

TygerSan
09-25-13, 10:25 AM
Sure. We can do that.

Would it be better to do that via pm?

midnightstar
09-25-13, 10:41 AM
You mean send the tiebreaker question through PM? OK let me find a good one - check your inbox in a few minutes TygerSan and Fuzzy

midnightstar
09-25-13, 10:49 AM
Tiebreaker question has been sent out :grouphug:

The one who gets the closest answer OR the answer completely correct will get to do the questions :)