View Full Version : Question For Prozac Users

superstressed
09-21-13, 05:11 PM
I've been taking Prozac 40mg once a day (off and on since 2009, but now everyday). I noticed that sometimes I stare off into space, but I'm aware of what's going on around me. I also seem to have no emotion right now. I'm not happy, or sad. I recently lost EIGHT relatives since June, 2013. I don't know if that would make me lose emotions. I haven't cried yet either. Do any of you have these side effects? When I first started taking Prozac regularly, my mood changed tremendously. I had energy, and was full of laughter. Now I have no emotion (most days), or I'm so sad, that I feel hopeless. :confused:

425runner
09-21-13, 09:05 PM
Interesting...I had that happen after two weeks on 10 mg of Prozac. I called the doctor's nurse because I was concerned by what you just described. I'd sit down at work and stare at the computer, completely blank...zoned out. It'd happen while I was driving too...very dangerous. I almost had an accident. As for the emotions, I felt nothing.

When I began the Prozac treatment, I was going through a very emotional period and was always crying/stressed/obssesing about the future but after those 2 weeks life left like a dream. As if a huge cloud has lifted and my brain was wrapped in a water bubble, cushioned from the outside world. I was high as a kite all the time. But I didn't feel angry/sad/happy/excited - I felt nothing....

It felt so unnatural I had myself watch disturbing videos just to see if it'd trigger any reaction but no...I'd just watch it as if it was not a big deal. Very strange and unnatural..

hollywood
10-06-13, 07:55 PM
That's pretty cool. Nice . I think I would like to view things with no emotion. Id be ruthless!!! I love it