View Full Version : Supplements for ADHD?

ADD-Man
09-22-13, 12:16 AM
I was talking to someone and they suggested that I try taking supplements for ADHD. Has any of you experimented with supplements for ADHD? If so what are you taking and has it helped?

sarahsweets
09-22-13, 08:13 AM
I take a crap load of vitamins for a variety of reasons (nutritional deficiencies, etc) but most of what I take happens to help my adhd. Here is the list:

Morning;
Vitamins: b
b6
b12
bcomplex
d3
omega 3(fish oil)
pre-natal multi(not for pregnancy just for extra)
folic acid
iron
calcium
acidophilis
Night:
Magnesium
melatonin

BEFORE I began taking these amounts I got the ok from all doctors involved in my care and I confirmed appropriate amounts from one of my doctors who specializes in digestive health. Getting a doctor to go over these with you is ESSENTIAL. You do not want to take to much of something or have them interact with one another or your meds.

AdamLL
09-26-13, 10:26 AM
I myself take a good quality antioxidant, minerals, grapeseed, omegas, turmeric and vitamin d. Most of us don't get enough Vitamin D from our diets. The other source of Vitamin D comes from sunlight which most people don't get enough of especially in the winter months. A test can be done at your doctors office to determine what your levels are at. Depending on what they come back at your doctor may write a prescription. If you are on the low end but still in range you can ask about an OTC and what the dosage they would recommend. Here is a little information on Vitamin D. http://www.pharmacydrugguide.com/Vitamin_D If you scroll down you will see on the bottome of the page information on side effects and also a page on coupons.
Make sure you take a good quality supplement and go over with your doctor the ones you are interested in taking.