View Full Version : Is this bipolar?

DmxDex
09-23-13, 06:41 PM
So I have made huge amounts of stress for the last few months. Relationship break down and then discovering my ex has a new bf.

I got hit with major depression when I found out she had a new bf last month. I felt suicidal and hsd suicidal thoughs more than I ever had.

I am on 25mgs of dexedrine and was giving a anti anxiety to help me sleep. But I had a 2 week supply as I was due to see my pdoc.

so after about 3 weeks of feeling very low.

My mood shifted into a happier productive and more confident state. I also took interest in other females sexually which I couldnt do because im heart broken. The though of my ex wasnt ripping my heart like it was. I was less annoyed and jealous about it. I still had thoughs of her.

I felt more social and confident and wasnt socially withdrawn.

I had a night out and drunk alot the first time in ages. I got drunk and felt great. Was confident and social. I though it was my dex.

so the next morning day I felt iffy but because I was tired.

Problem is I started 25mg of quetiapine.

That week apart from the quetiapine making me very groggy I noticed over the course of the week I started feeling like I was having adrenal fatigue. Then I started getting headaches aching muscles muscle twitching irritable anger withdrawn no motivation and insomnia and struggling to get out of bed.

I also feel anxious and very depressed and was crying alot today. My ex is dominating my brain again since I felt very depressed.

so in 6 weeks ive gone from very depressed and anxious to very hapoy productive confident and socially out going.

its been 3 weeks since I my mood changed again

Some of my physical symptoms have settled but come back. I van have diahrea then constipation.

I lost half a stone in under a week I cant sleep and wake up alot. By the morning I struggle to get out of bed.
I stopped taking quetiapine 1 week in because I got cuts on my head. I used to be on it but it made me very agressive and nasty at 50mg.

So its been 3 weeks since ive been off 25mgs of quetiapine.

I also didnt sleep much during the time I felt happy and was irritable and had anger.

energy I cant remember. Im sure I noticed I improved when I took 15mgs of dex in the morning. It seemed to give me energy and pick me up.

my dad is bipolar. But 3 pdocs over the last 5 years have said im not bipolar.

Hyperman87
09-23-13, 09:44 PM
It could be? :( However,believe it or not. It might just be ADHD plus heartbreak.:grouphug:

ADHD is a medical disorder,that gets much, much worse with stress of any kind.:umm1: Many ADHD'ers here have mood swings(without Bi-Polar disorder) or just feel insane(like Schizophrenic without a schizophrenia dx.)

A lonely broken hearted ADHD patient(like myself) suffers many of the most extreme ADHD symptoms. Do you have ADHD(combined type)?

Also, do you know of a form of psychosis called the ADHD Psychosis? Many people don't,it usually only responds to Stimulants or Anti-depressants. I think it's more likely when an ADHD'er is lonely or Isolated.;)

ADHD will make one insane when broken-hearted.:( btw I've been told I don't have Bi-Polar disorder or Schizophrenia by my psychologist & other health professionals as well.

I know about the "ADHD Psychosis" first hand as a teenage relative of mine with an ADHD diagnosis behaved as if he had Schizophrenia or Bi-polar disorder( he doesn't, but ADHD plus feelings of anger, sadness, &/or loneliness.) can look like mania or the form of psychosis typical in Schizophrenia patients. The key difference is that a severely heart-broken or stressed out ADHD patient with mood issues or behaviors similar to typical psychosis has in-site into the changes or states(.i.e they think something is wrong.):)

So be happy that you realize you don't feel well(Quite a few ADHD patients,though not all. Have good in-site into the symptoms.):)

Nearly all patients,unfortunately with Bi-polar depression or Schizophrenia don't know they are ill,so many of them don't take they're meds or feel they are just fine( I know this because, I have family members with both illnesses.):(

http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/ADHD_psychosis

Hyperman87
09-23-13, 10:20 PM
So I have made huge amounts of stress for the last few months. Relationship break down and then discovering my ex has a new bf.

I got hit with major depression when I found out she had a new bf last month. I felt suicidal and hsd suicidal thoughs more than I ever had.

I am on 25mgs of dexedrine and was giving a anti anxiety to help me sleep. But I had a 2 week supply as I was due to see my pdoc.

so after about 3 weeks of feeling very low.

My mood shifted into a happier productive and more confident state. I also took interest in other females sexually which I couldnt do because im heart broken. The though of my ex wasnt ripping my heart like it was. I was less annoyed and jealous about it. I still had thoughs of her.

I felt more social and confident and wasnt socially withdrawn.

I had a night out and drunk alot the first time in ages. I got drunk and felt great. Was confident and social. I though it was my dex.

so the next morning day I felt iffy but because I was tired.

Problem is I started 25mg of quetiapine.

That week apart from the quetiapine making me very groggy I noticed over the course of the week I started feeling like I was having adrenal fatigue. Then I started getting headaches aching muscles muscle twitching irritable anger withdrawn no motivation and insomnia and struggling to get out of bed.

I also feel anxious and very depressed and was crying alot today. My ex is dominating my brain again since I felt very depressed.

so in 6 weeks ive gone from very depressed and anxious to very hapoy productive confident and socially out going.

its been 3 weeks since I my mood changed again

Some of my physical symptoms have settled but come back. I van have diahrea then constipation.

I lost half a stone in under a week I cant sleep and wake up alot. By the morning I struggle to get out of bed.
I stopped taking quetiapine 1 week in because I got cuts on my head. I used to be on it but it made me very agressive and nasty at 50mg.

So its been 3 weeks since ive been off 25mgs of quetiapine.

I also didnt sleep much during the time I felt happy and was irritable and had anger.

energy I cant remember. Im sure I noticed I improved when I took 15mgs of dex in the morning. It seemed to give me energy and pick me up.

my dad is bipolar. But 3 pdocs over the last 5 years have said im not bipolar.

It's uncommon, but some people with ADHD can feel depressed for a while(I have!). However,if the mood swings of elation or feelings of euphoria last equally as long as the depression(meaning weeks at a time!).

Unfortunately(I'm not a med student,here.) It could be possible symptoms of Bi-polar disorder.:umm1: You also mentioned not sleeping during your period of elation( that does sound like symptoms of genuine mania or Bi- polar depression.)

People with just ADHD usually need to sleep(as in 6 to 9 hours a night is a requirement just to wake up the next day & function poorly.:lol:) I know I do!:lol:

If your getting 3 to 4 hours a night & still somewhat functional(during the period of happiness or elated mood,that is another Bi-Polar red flag!):(

DmxDex
09-24-13, 06:23 AM
It's uncommon, but some people with ADHD can feel depressed for a while(I have!). However,if the mood swings of elation or feelings of euphoria last equally as long as the depression(meaning weeks at a time!).

Unfortunately(I'm not a med student,here.) It could be possible symptoms of Bi-polar disorder.:umm1: You also mentioned not sleeping during your period of elation( that does sound like symptoms of genuine mania or Bi- polar depression.)

People with just ADHD usually need to sleep(as in 6 to 9 hours a night is a requirement just to wake up the next day & function poorly.:lol:) I know I do!:lol:

If your getting 3 to 4 hours a night & still somewhat functional(during the period of happiness or elated mood,that is another Bi-Polar red flag!):(

I been depressed most of my life. Had a good week or good day here and their. I dont recall this though. I must be under massive stress.

I dont have pyhchosis or hear voices.

is it worth mentioning this to the doctor?