View Full Version : Make up a BS Fact Game

avjgirsijdhtjhs
09-29-13, 07:39 PM
Okay, so the way the game works is:

1 - The bottom of the post before yours will give you something to make up a BS fact on.

Make up a BS fact about Tom Cruise.

2 - In the top of your post, you will make up a BS fact about that something.

Nine time Tour De France winner Tom Cruise revealed in an interview earlier this year that the key to his success was using the last leg of each stage as a prosthesis, effectively increasing his output by 50%.<sup id="cite_ref-filmref_5-0" class="reference">[7] (http://www.filmreference.com/film/26/Tom-Cruise.html)

</sup>3 - In the bottom of your post, you will give the next poster something to make up a BS fact on.

Make up a BS fact about tug-of-war.

(Also, you can add a random BS fact(s) you made up to the middle or end of your post if you want.)

So make up a BS fact about tug-of-war...

Abi
09-29-13, 09:10 PM
It has been proven by chiropractors that people with ADHD are gifted with the ability to be 53% better at tug of war than non-ADHDers due to the "gift" of ADHD.

Make up a BS fact about homeopaths

avjgirsijdhtjhs
09-29-13, 09:34 PM
The previous Loch Ness Monster (1977-2011)... ...was played by the world's most famous homeopath (the current Loch Ness Monster is played by Shaquille O'Neal).

Make up a BS fact about one or more of:

the gallbladder

the common cold

MTV

strychnine as a performance enhancing drug

Vin Diesel's free time, or Vin Diesel's home ownership woes

dvdnvwls
09-30-13, 01:18 AM
The common cold has been found to affect the gallbladders of North German crocodiles in a peculiar way: the crocodiles in the control group all claimed that they had been to Vin Diesel's house while he was on holiday, and a few of them claimed to have eaten several lawyers and other representatives of Mr Diesel's creditors (one of the crocodiles, as if to emphasize the point, let out a theatrical burp while describing a seven-foot-tall bill collector); but it became obvious from the tests that no such visit had occurred - the crocodiles had a lot of gall to be telling such stories. But of much greater significance was the result with the test group of crocodiles, namely those in the Olympics (vide Monty Python's "Being Eaten By A Crocodile" sketch... "where today's champion is tomorrow's crocodile sheiet"). Among that group of crocodiles, use of strychnine as a performance enhancing drug is common; they arrange to have it fed to the (human) Olympic contestants in the Being Eaten By A Crocodile event to make them tastier and easier to catch. However, when those crocodiles were infected with the common cold, their gall bladders actually began to pick up broadcasts of Pat Benatar videos from the heyday of MTV.

Scientists not involved in this study have questioned its validity, with one Armenian researcher going on record as saying "What a croc!".

avjgirsijdhtjhs
09-30-13, 09:40 PM
Make up a BS fact about laugh tracks.

ronmexico
10-13-13, 08:57 PM
Tom Cruise is a box office draw for this poster.

Asylum
10-14-13, 08:53 PM
dvd's post reminds me of another crocodile fact. (like most Australian's, I'm a croc expert.)
Croc saliva has been found to contain an agent which could prevent tooth decay, according to some recent Japanese research. According to this study, using this agent could actually halt the epidemic of bad teeth which is found even in pre-school kids; a result of sugar and soft drink. But the problem is incorporating croc spit into toothpaste.
Trail runs found that focus groups were unwilling to try it, even when it was incorporated with funny ad's that used the 'never smile at a crocodile' song (aimed at kids) and a second, more controversial ad using a virtual Steve Irwin, who encourage the toothbrushee to brush properly using his famous catch phrase; 'crikey!'
The Irwin family are said to be suing, and perhaps on a more sinister note, its been rumoured the dental association has spent millions on a group of ads meant to cast doubts on the product, which may make almost 50% of dental procedures obsolete.

BellaVita
10-14-13, 10:33 PM
what do I make up a BS about?

dvdnvwls
10-14-13, 11:41 PM
I worked quickly on my previous post and forgot to give a new topic. Now everyone is forgetting to give a new topic. I propose the topic of "Different Types of Handbaskets Used In Montana". You might begin with the Billings Handbasket.

Fuzzy12
10-15-13, 02:54 AM
The billings handbasket has won the consumer award 2013 for being able to not only hold a large number of hands but also feet and kidneys.

New BS topic: Artificial tear drops

dvdnvwls
10-15-13, 03:25 AM
(you need more U.S. geography; after Billings Handbasket, Bozeman Handbasket, and Butte Handbasket, you go to Helena Handbasket.) :)

Artificial tears were used by the people who collected the crocodile spit, to try to make their plea convincing to the crocodiles. However, they were not sure what they ought to call this unique use of artificial tears as a persuasion tactic.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
10-15-13, 09:59 AM
Make up a BS fact about one or more of:

the dark side of the moon

cat litter in the alleyways

performance enhancing thugs

mind in the gutter

city slickers and greasy films

peripatetic
11-01-13, 11:09 PM
etymologists are up in arms after latest studies repeatedly show "cat burglars" have an aversion to stepping into particulate matter, with most citing litter's well known tendency to adhere to the bottoms of shoes and generally get tracked around all over the place as "gross" and expressing uniform confusion when trapped in litter filled rooms with full bladders. none demonstrated the natural feline tendency to "take to the litter box" and instead requested toilets, showers and a change of footwear.
while the suggestion that cat burglars are probably not so called due to evolving from actual cats leaves one community up in arms, police are now advising residents and shop owners to deflect criminal activity by pouring a layer of cat litter in the alleyways.

dark side of the moon was a good one...that's next

dvdnvwls
11-02-13, 12:27 AM
The moon's true dark side is its status as a hideaway for city slickers who are addicted to greasy films. These reprobate stylish coats sidle in to watch their fill of movies at all hours of the day and night, watching Grease, Grease 2, Greased Lightning, episodes of Grease Monkeys, musicals like The Roar of the Greasepaint-The Smell of the Crowd, ... and every Sunday afternoon, a special showing of the otherwise-obscure 2011 film Now With Extra Grease. The lowbrow crowd of slippery outerwear also flocks to frequent showings of Super Size Me.

Pumpkin muffins.

Hawutwut
11-02-13, 02:32 AM
Associated Press. Pumpkin muffins are now included among lead, hydrogen sulfide, ammunition, baby rattles, and milk, falling under the reach of California Proposition 65. The bakery products must now be marked with the familiar "WARNING: this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm." due to the discovery in a California lab on Thursday that cinnamon was found to cause sterility in lab chameleon.

Something about iguanas. And tiramisu.

Asylum
11-03-13, 02:42 AM
Iguana's have been found to be the happiest of reptiles, says a recent scientific study.

Scientists at a California institute of reptile studies say that iguanas have an in-built system that deals with stress so conveniently that they have dubbed the laid-back reptiles as 'the hippies of the lizard community.'

It found that iguana's almost never fight with other iguana's, sleep more than most lizards, and enjoy Reggie almost 65% more than any other animals on earth.

Unfortunately this study was seriously hampered by a leaked video which showed the scientists working in the iguana lab smoking pot and eating copious amounts of tiramisu. 'It was the iguana's fault,' said one of the scientists, who didn't want to be named. 'They kept rolling joints and playing Bob Marley records.'

Asylum
11-03-13, 04:50 AM
Sorry, forgot:

McDonalds conspiracy theory.

Daydreamin22
11-25-13, 02:19 PM
The witches in Hocus Pocus are awake again.

Asylum
11-26-13, 11:00 PM
This thread has ADD.

sarahsweets
11-27-13, 05:47 AM
BADDonkadonk: a person with adhd and a large butt.

Asylum
12-09-13, 09:54 PM
I swear I saw this thread chasing a squirrel. I have some strattera, I've crushed it up and I'm rubbing it into the screen, hoping it will absorb somehow.
Its not your fault dear thread, we support you!

Daydreamin22
12-09-13, 11:13 PM
Haha. There's no denying that sleeping pills shut down insomnia threads.