View Full Version : I have Borderline Personality Disorder

Modafinilguy
09-30-13, 11:06 PM
Well I have been diagnosed with it numerous times in the past (as well as ADHD).

However, I am significantly improved these days in many ways, but I still feel I have the core symptoms.

It is interesting because their is a lot of overlap between ADHD symptoms and BPD symptoms, a quick example: Impulsive behavior, addictive behavior, explosive anger.

Indeed I know at least 3 people that were diagnosed as children with ADHD (and medicated) and as adults diagnosed with BPD.

BellaVita
09-30-13, 11:11 PM
That's so interesting, thank you for sharing. That's courageous of you. :)

Impetus
10-01-13, 06:28 PM
Well I have been diagnosed with it numerous times in the past (as well as ADHD).

However, I am significantly improved these days in many ways, but I still feel I have the core symptoms.

It is interesting because their is a lot of overlap between ADHD symptoms and BPD symptoms, a quick example: Impulsive behavior, addictive behavior, explosive anger.

Indeed I know at least 3 people that were diagnosed as children with ADHD (and medicated) and as adults diagnosed with BPD.

I've noticed this too.

IndieVisible
10-01-13, 09:46 PM

Actually you have more in common with Narcissistic Personal Disorder (NPD) because it has Impulsive behavior, addictive behavior, explosive anger, and is in the same personality cluster as BPD. We also share issues with empathy too, but who's counting ;)

(I have NPD w/some other personality disorder traits in cluster B that we are both in)