View Full Version : Vyvanse makes me smoke please help

penn140bb
10-01-13, 03:42 PM
never smoked before vyvanse, but the first day i took it i was like i want to smoke something, anything so i bought a pack of cigarettes, now whenever i take the med i always want to smoke something adderall never made me do this its really weird, before vyvanse i smoked only when i was drunk so like not alot at all ive never bought a pack of cigs before vyvanse, but when i wake up the next morning and dont take vyvanse right away im like ' why the hell did i smoke all those cigarettes, im never doing that again' and i have no intention to smoke or inclination to smoke or WANT to smoke when i dont take vyvanse but after i take it and it kicks im like damn i want to smoke something and end up chain smoking cigarettes, if i dont i cant stop thinking about how i want to smoke something... oh im quitting vyvansebecause of this has this ahppened to anyone else.

dvdnvwls
10-01-13, 05:04 PM
Hi.

This is really confusing. You said you never smoked before Vyvanse and then you said you did smoke before Vyvanse but only when you were drunk. And it sounds like you're saying you're going to quit this essential medication that stops you from screwing up your entire life, because it makes you feel like having a smoke?

How about just not buy cigarettes?

awdcivic
10-04-13, 12:11 PM
Lol ^ what he said.

Adderall made me want to smoke a cig more but never really helped my add and when i did smoke i would be just retarded buzzed to the point where i wasnt getting anything done, vyvanse might make me want a cig every now and then maybe 1 or 2 times a month, but its declining, but i crave a cig occasionally when im not on it also. The cravings are declining though and there nothing i cant control anymore.
I quit cigs 7 months ago though id suggest you quit too it gets easier the longer you stop.

sarahsweets
10-05-13, 09:45 AM
Ive heard of amphetamines making you smoke more but hot picking up the habit

mildadhd
10-06-13, 03:43 PM
I don't have experience with Vyvanse, and am not giving any specific advice about Vyvanse.

Polydrug-use is when one substance is taken in combination with another substance(s).

A good example is coffee and nicotine.

The combination of the 2 substances may create a 3rd effect.

An effect that is not created, if the substances are not taken in combination.

I would discuss these craving with your doctors.

Thanks you for sharing.

Peripherals