View Full Version : Amphetamine Hypersexual

powpursuits
10-02-13, 12:14 PM
Amphetamines have hijacked my sexuality. When I ingest even the slightest amount I am thrown head over heels into crazed sexual compulsion. I have achieved abstinence several times for more than six months only to relapse from sexual urges. Naltrexone showed some promise for a while but my libido remained dangerously high. I know nutrition and exercise are pivotal to withdrawal however I am in search of an alternative medicine that might turn down my libido so I can recover longer term. Any suggestions are appreciated?

dvdnvwls
10-02-13, 02:31 PM
(Sorry - I didn't see that this was in the "substance abuse" section of the forum. If this really is substance-abuse related, then my comments may be irrelevant. I'll leave them here anyway in case they help.)

How old are you? When you mention abstinence do you mean also abstinence from masturbation? If so, abstinence isn't a reasonable or helpful goal, and you should masturbate when you want to, within reason, which will greatly alleviate your compulsion. If you're talking about a compulsion that leads to multiple partners and risky sex, then you'll need to go back to the doctor who prescribed your medication.

dvdnvwls
10-02-13, 04:50 PM
... If the reason you posted in the addictions section is the sex itself, you need to know that "wanting sex" is not sexual compulsion; you would have a sexual compulsion if you were having frequent sex with strangers, or masturbating for several hours each day, or something like that. Wanting sex is just part of being human. If you are, pardon the expression, "desperate to get off", and yet you reject the idea of occasional masturbation, that prohibition is simply a mistaken and harmful notion that you need to get rid of.