View Full Version : Hey, I'm new!

LonelyMiner
10-02-13, 04:59 PM
Hi. My name's Angus, I'm 14 and I'm currently going through the last stages of being diagnosed with attention deficit disorder and autistic spectrum disorder. It's taken a long time to get this far through the system and I've just gotten a prescription of ConcertaXL (though we still need to get the right dosage). I've decided to join this forum to try to better understand myself and to see how many of my odd behavioral traits (that I take for granted) are shared by other adolescents with add. Please be patient with me, I'm sure there are many other people in similar positions to mine, but I'm still learning and could use some friendly advice. :)

dvdnvwls
10-02-13, 05:39 PM
Hi Angus. I'm glad you're here, and I hope this place helps you as much as it has helped me. I'm surprised just how many things I have in common with this disparate group of people.

We all do our best around here to be patient with each other. Some of us are so patient that it's hard to tell if we're even awake or not; others have a tough time controlling ourselves, barely holding back from "jumping down the throat" of anyone who says something we don't like. But everybody does the best they can, the forum moderators do a good & fair job if difficulties arise, and mostly things turn out fine.

BellaVita
10-02-13, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the forums Angus! Don't worry we're all pretty friendly here. :)

LonelyMiner
10-03-13, 02:17 AM
Thanks for such a friendly welcome, I had some doubts at first as to how people would react to me, but those have been put to rest. I've met a few people with adhd so i already have an idea of how different it can be from person to person, one is full blown hyperdrive mode (all the time :D). One i never noticed until two days ago when he told a teacher that he could sympathize with my school frustrations due to the fact the he has adhd and has been through a similar process, then he started talking at a speed I've only ever (occasionally) noticed my self talk at about all the things that I found annoying about the education system (psychic link, eh?). Anyway, I'm prepared for a mixed bag of ideas and personalities. Thanks again! :D

dvdnvwls
10-03-13, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the forums Angus! Don't worry we're all pretty friendly here. :)
Except for me. ;)

someothertime
10-21-13, 07:20 AM
Hey Angus!

Perhaps your participation will encourage more to come and share!

Glad your prepared for a mixed mag too! We are a friendly bunch so don't hesitate to PM particular members for info or create your own threads.

Might be a good idea to state your age for the first few though :) Just in case us ramblers go ramblin off topic! Especially me ;)

Lunacie
10-21-13, 08:40 AM
Hi Angus! I'm sorry it's taken so long to get properly diagnosed and get
some treatment. I thought it was sad that my granddaughter wasn't
diagnosed (ADHD) until she was 11.

Her little sister (Autistic) was diagnosed at the age of 7. And me? The
grandmother. I wasn't diagnosed until after the grandkids were, I was 58.
My diagnosis is ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, and borderline Autism.

Anyway, I know this is the teen section and I don't belong here, but I wanted
to let you know that I have some experience with teens who are dealing with
these issues. One granddaughter is 15 now, the other will be 12 next month.
You're welcome to contact me with any questions or vents you may have.

L0ner0706
10-26-13, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the forum brotha :P Most people around here are pretty chill and will happily answers any questions you have. Good luck :)