View Full Version : Sh*t my ADHD kids says!

Stevuke79
10-03-13, 09:46 AM
ADHD kids are the best comedians on the planet. They're energetic, engaging, creative, zanny, .. and we all love the thinking of a child.. so why not love the OVER-thinking of a child.

I think it would be fun and keep up laughing if all us parents shared a bit. I'll start:

My daughter asks me why I had to "push the toilet water with that bug yucky thing".

I explain that when there's too much tp at once, I need to push it down or the bathroom will flood.

"Ah yes! Daddy and also if you use to much toilet paper, you'll waste it, and there will be no more trees, .. AND THEN, there will be no oxygen. And without oxygen we won't be able to breathe and WE'LL ALL DIE!!!"

Well, yeah, Adira.. but really I'm just worried about a flood.

dvdnvwls
10-03-13, 04:17 PM
I wonder if Douglas Adams knew a lot about ADHD. :)

The Total Perspective Vortex (a machine mentioned in the Hitchhiker's Guide series) sounds an awful lot like that thought process (the one your daughter and I share, wanting to figure out the entire situation). And in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, when they meet the man who really rules the universe, his thought processes also sound oddly familiar to me. :)

Stevuke79
10-03-13, 05:13 PM
I wonder if Douglas Adams knew a lot about ADHD. :)

The Total Perspective Vortex (a machine mentioned in the Hitchhiker's Guide series) sounds an awful lot like that thought process (the one your daughter and I share, wanting to figure out the entire situation). And in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, when they meet the man who really rules the universe, his thought processes also sound oddly familiar to me. :)

Interesting,.. I never read those, they sound really cool. It would be interesting to know where that inspiration came form, ADHD or otherwise.