View Full Version : Only for the open minded and ready for limit testing thrill : Zoo of Death

Gilthranon
10-08-13, 07:34 AM
This idea goes in section : thriller

Warning : not for the easily fainting. Mature audiences only.

My latest inspiration is called Zoo of Death. It is going to be either music, pictures or a story, or all three of em.

I got the idea on the road trip witnessing (to my great sadness) many many many deceased animals, mainly kangaroos along the road... inspiration hit me.

Now, before people start judging me - my rule in art, is No plan, No restriction, No rule. In other words, I don't ever put opinions on what I create. If it's against your taste, don't look ;)

This one, is definitely, by far, twisted. Deeply disturbing. And I love it - it's a kick, it's creative and quiet frankly it's close to an exhibition in Sydney, but far darker. It's adrenaline for me without hurting anyone, instead of destroying as the result of an emotion, I create...

Here goes : it's POSSIBLY (to be decided - depending if it's going to be 'supernatural' set in a normal universe, ours, or completely different in every way) in a different universe with different morals and you know what : it's so different, it's unimaginably different.

This zoo represents animals in their natural habitat. But dead. Either parts of the body, disfigured or just dead without physical deceased appearances.

The park is set in a gloomy scenario with gloomy background noises and some animals still can move or make noises, grunting.

I'm not going to reveal too much of the story I'm still working on, but let's just say the main subject is someone finding a horses head in a misty grass field in the middle of the woods. The head is the only thing there... Than, the head moves a bit, the eyes open and the mouth tries to make noises...

Yes - the point of the idea is that it is open minded, fictional, and test limits of the adrenaline of thrill. If you can't handle it, there is no pressure on imagining :) This concerns an audience ready to let go of what it's used to experience.

BellaVita
10-08-13, 07:39 AM
dude, I think it's a fantastic idea!!!

it definitely grips the emotions and is quite poetic

stef
10-08-13, 08:20 AM
Fascinating!

Reekwind
10-08-13, 09:01 AM
Morbid stuff, I like it! I'll hope for some sophisticated dark humor thrown in the mix! ;D

TygerSan
10-08-13, 10:06 AM
Just in time for Halloween, coincidentally.

I mention that because the opening scene you describe sounds like something that someone might create for a horror haunted house. I just came across an article outlining the main attractions in my city and the surrounding area, and it seems like most now have an overarching theme (disturbed family, mad scientist's laboratory, etc.).