View Full Version : Recommended books

PastelDreams
10-11-13, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, I'm swinging by the library later to see if they've got "Delivered From Distraction" by Edward Hallowell (I think is his name? I guess I should confirm that before I go.. lol!) I have seen a lot of people on here chat/rave about it.

Any other reads I should consider looking for while I'm there? :D My main interests are in Anxiety and/or ADHD/ADHD-i

dvdnvwls
10-12-13, 12:12 AM
Yes, you've got the name right. I haven't read all of it - it seemed rather a meandering sort of book, for the topic it was covering. :)

There are so many things to look at. What have you read already of the well-known ADHD books?

PastelDreams
10-12-13, 05:43 AM
There are so many things to look at. What have you read already of the well-known ADHD books?

Nothing yet, actually.

dvdnvwls
10-12-13, 11:33 AM
One of the basics in my opinion is Taking Charge of Adult ADHD by Barkley. I think it's a very good book for the "newbie to ADHD", if I can put it that way - but that might mean it's good for the "newbie to ADHD books" as well. I'm not completely sure. The only potential problem is that if you read it now, after having spent considerable time reading on here, you may be saying "Yes, I already knew that" on every page.

FlightyBroad
01-03-14, 11:28 AM
I'm newly diagnosed, but have two books that I thought were helpfull:

Adult ADD: The Complete Handbook by Sudderth & Kandel (I thought this was a little outdated, but had some good info nonetheless)

10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD by Stephanie Moulton Sarkis
(Mostly has tips for organizing & coping with adult ADD)

I am sure there are better books out there, but this was the best of what my local Barnes & Noble had in stock

Nicksgonefishin
01-03-14, 12:37 PM
Shoot me a text and we'll do lunch and I'll loan you my copy.

library's suck as we ADHDers aren't the greatest at returning books.

I've had the most luck at the goodwill or on amazon.