View Full Version : Feeling better, but dull?

rainontheground
10-11-13, 07:42 PM
Hi All!

I will keep this short.

I was diagnosed with ADHD, and then a few weeks later diagnosed as Bipolar after ending up in the hospital. The stimulants for ADHD seemed to cause a mix state in me? Has this happened to others?

My psychiatrist started me on:

Lithum 900mg....now 1200mg, but I'm too scared to take 1200mg, so I haven't started that yet.

Abilify 20mg

Lamotrigine 50mg this week, and increasing over the next two weeks. (just added)

Apparently Lamotrigine....

"Lamotrigine has been shown to be an effective maintenance therapy for patients with bipolar I disorder, significantly delaying time to intervention for any mood episode. Additionally, lamotrigine significantly delayed time to intervention for a depressive episode and showed limited efficacy in delaying time to intervention for a manic/hypomanic episode, compared with placebo."

So hopefully, because it's expensive out of pocket. My psychiatrist said he wanted to make sure I didn't fall into a depressive episode.

Additionally,

I feel more restless then before bipolar meds. Tense almost, like I'm bouncing inside or something. I wonder if this is hyperactivity. I think some of this is anxiety. It's caused some sleep problems.

Dull? Just flat, kind of bored. I go about doing some of the things I need to do, and it's like my head doesn't want to, and I'm just blah.... but better than I have been in a long while.

Lastly, is spending a problem in depressive episodes?