View Full Version : Crazy Neighbor Stories

mad83
10-18-13, 08:33 AM
Does anyone have a story about a crazy neighbor or neighbor interaction they want to share on Not Always Neighborly? I won't use real names of course, just the type of residence it is and the city, state, or country.

Fuzzy12
10-18-13, 08:38 AM
Well, one of my neighbours once called the police on me because they thought I was chatting to boys on the computer. Don't ask me what that's supposed to be or why it would be a crime. I've got no clue and also, I wasn't. I was talking to my dad on the phone. :scratch:

Anyway, the policemen who came to our house had a good laugh about it with us. :D

(Don't include that please on Not Always Neighborly, whatever that is. Sorry.. :o)

BodhiCat
10-18-13, 12:16 PM
This isn't really "not neighborly", but definitely a crazy neighbor story.......

When I was working at home as a customer service rep a few years back, I hear this frantic knock on the door. I answer it, and the two little girls from the townhouse next door are standing on my doorstep, basically doing the "gotta pee" dance. Their mother is in their driveway sitting on the hood of their car. "THERE'S A SNAKE!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!" one of the little girls yells. I look at their doorstep and see a little tiny black racer, no longer than 6 inches. So, I walk over to pick it up, and it disappears into a crack. The little girls ran back to the car with their mom. I went back to work, but when I looked out the window about an hour later, they all were still on the car.

And, another one.....

Get a frantic knock on my door one night, and it's my neighbor from the other side. "There's a snake on my doorstep! Will you come kill it?".... So, I say "I won't kill it, but I will tell you if it's poisonous or not", which she didn't like. Walked over, but the snake was gone. I ask "What color was it?"... "I don't know". "Did it have a triangle shaped head?".... "I don't know".... "How big was it?"..... "I don't know. Why won't you kill it?" she asked angrily. I said "I don't kill animals. Besides, snakes are good. They eat mice, rats, and big bugs". Her face got real mean.... "You sayin' I have rats and bugs in my house???". <sigh> I replied "No.... this is Florida. Mice, rats, bugs, snakes.... they are all around, no matter what." She stormed off into her house, and we haven't spoken since.

lol I don't know what it is about me, but, apparently the first idea that pops into both my neighbors heads when they see a snake is "Go get the crazy lady next door!"

Fuzzy12
10-18-13, 12:19 PM
This isn't really "not neighborly", but definitely a crazy neighbor story.......

When I was working at home as a customer service rep a few years back, I hear this frantic knock on the door. I answer it, and the two little girls from the townhouse next door are standing on my doorstep, basically doing the "gotta pee" dance. Their mother is in their driveway sitting on the hood of their car. "THERE'S A SNAKE!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!" one of the little girls yells. I look at their doorstep and see a little tiny black racer, no longer than 6 inches. So, I walk over to pick it up, and it disappears into a crack. The little girls ran back to the car with their mom. I went back to work, but when I looked out the window about an hour later, they all were still on the car.

And, another one.....

Get a frantic knock on my door one night, and it's my neighbor from the other side. "There's a snake on my doorstep! Will you come kill it?".... So, I say "I won't kill it, but I will tell you if it's poisonous or not", which she didn't like. Walked over, but the snake was gone. I ask "What color was it?"... "I don't know". "Did it have a triangle shaped head?".... "I don't know".... "How big was it?"..... "I don't know. Why won't you kill it?" she asked angrily. I said "I don't kill animals. Besides, snakes are good. They eat mice, rats, and big bugs". Her face got real mean.... "You sayin' I have rats and bugs in my house???". <SIGH>I replied "No.... this is Florida. Mice, rats, bugs, snakes.... they are all around, no matter what." She stormed off into her house, and we haven't spoken since.

lol I don't know what it is about me, but, apparently the first idea that pops into both my neighbors heads when they see a snake is "Go get the crazy lady next door!"

:lol:

And :grouphug: for not killing snakes. You sound a lot saner to me than your neighbours!!

BodhiCat
10-18-13, 01:55 PM
:lol:

And :grouphug: for not killing snakes. You sound a lot saner to me than your neighbours!!

I'll never have one for a pet again, and I'm not super fond of them, but, they ain't hurting anyone :)

Lunacie
10-18-13, 02:21 PM
Not a next-door crazy neighbor, but a guy who lives in our neighborhood ...

Last week the wind finally blew down the big dead tree in our yard, it's been
dead for at least 4 years. I've asked the landlord (mobile home park) to take
it out many times, so have the neighbors beside me and the neighbor behind
us, but it hadn't been taken care of.

So it fell on the roof and rolled off the side (tearing the crap out of the roof)
and one of the sons of the park owner showed up while a bunch of other
neighbors were standing around looking at the damage. He was talking to
my son-in-law when I walked up and heard him saying something about
how it wasn't his fault, he'd been away on vacation for the last three weeks.

I was understandably a little shook up at having the tree fall on the house
while I was inside, and I may have been a little loud when I told him that
I didn't care about the last three damn weeks, I'd been telling them the tree
was dead for FOUR YEARS!

Here's where it gets crazy ... he took a step towards me with a really crazy
look on his face and said "I wouldn't take that tone, I'm on probation for
assault with a deadly weapon!"

Is that the stupidest thing he could have said or what?

No, I didn't press charges against him. Yes, I did file a report on him.

Stevuke79
10-18-13, 02:32 PM
Smart that you filed a report. What an idiot.

Lunacie
10-18-13, 02:40 PM
Smart that you filed a report. What an idiot.

My son-in-law didn't know whether to laugh at him or punch him.

S-i-l is built like a linebacker and has ridden with a biker gang, not someone
you want to mess with. This idiot who threatened me is a little guy. But he
was still going toe-to-toe with s-i-l who just kept saying, "I think you better
go on home now dude." Finally he went.

Damn straight I wanted a file on him in case he comes around again.

TygerSan
10-18-13, 02:42 PM
When I was in grad school, I lived in a big share house in a neighborhood near a university with a relatively large undergraduate population. Now we were at the outskirts of where it would be possible to commute easily, but lack of housing had pushed the undergrads further out, so there were a few (not many) group rentals, mostly undergrads, except for our house and the one next to it.

Shortly after I moved in, we decided to have a party. People had been there only a very, veery short while when 5 cop cars and the paddy wagon show up, sirens blaring. The officers run out of the cars screaming "where's the fight? Where's the fight?"

Ummm...there is no fight? Then, of course, fueled by the adrenaline, they start trying to bust us for serving alcohol to minors who don't exist. And when that doesn't work, they push till one roommate gets arrested for disorderly conduct for asking them to leave and stop harassing us.

There was no fight. We were not loud. Even if we had been, nobody called us, nobody knocked on the door (It was even before noise curfew went into effect).

The next day, some of us went around knocking on doors, handing out the phone number, introducing ourselves, and just basically trying to do damage control and be good neighbors.

We figured out who called the cops when someone answered the door, and when we explained what was going on said "You have to realize people LIVE in this neighborhood"

"Um, yeah, that's why we're doing this. We live here too."

"No you don't. You rent"

Stevuke79
10-18-13, 02:43 PM
Yup, .. and I don't know enough of the details to know if this is relevant, but if he's liable for the tree, and it goes to court, that you filed will help. I'm also impressed because I know a lot of people would be afraid to.

Abi
10-18-13, 03:01 PM
This one time I closed a thread on a forum I moderated for no good reason.

Pretty crazy.