View Full Version : Addicted to texting my crush

425runner
10-26-13, 08:30 PM
He left our firm in July and ever since then we've been texting each other. Well, I am the one who always starts. He'd ask "how did it go" meaning the end of tax season at the firm but nothing about me or anything like "let's have lunch sometime"

I've been very grumpy lately, feeling like hell for being such a wimp and not being more assertive at work. Letting things slide...not following up on promises...not being able to study because I can't focus on something I'm not interested in etc. etc. and texting my crush provides enormous excitement to me. It's really weird...and I think it has to do with certain brain chemicals but I don't know which ones.....

So how do I stop this? Given my impulsive nature and need for excitement.

dvdnvwls
10-26-13, 08:44 PM
Why do you want to stop?

425runner
10-26-13, 08:59 PM
Ha..ha..you're funny! :giggle: Because he doesn't reply all the time and it shows that I'm needy. I mean how pathetic...he's the only source of excitement during the week. I don't think he likes getting my text messages so much...and we never even talk or meet in person.

Why do you want to stop?

dvdnvwls
10-26-13, 09:18 PM
Ha..ha..you're funny! :giggle: Because he doesn't reply all the time and it shows that I'm needy. I mean how pathetic...he's the only source of excitement during the week. I don't think he likes getting my text messages so much...and we never even talk or meet in person.
No, I was serious! Some people ask this kind of question and then you find out later that really they would prefer to continue texting (or whatever it was). Knowing why you want to stop, can help you to go through with it.

If he's your only source of excitement, and you need a certain amount of excitement to basically keep you sane, then that means you're going to have to find some other kind of excitement to replace him with, before you decide to stop texting him so much. Do you already have other exciting things to do or people to see, instead of him?

425runner
10-26-13, 10:51 PM
Hmm...you make a good point. I'm trying to get a better job and just started lifting weights. I'm not very social...most people bore me and I really have no desire to see other people...maybe I'll start weight lifting more often and that'll take my mind off texting, besides if I'm physically stronger then I'll have more mental energy, hopefully, lol.

dvdnvwls
10-27-13, 12:08 AM
Actually, if you're working out as an ADHDer who's looking to get a mental-energy benefit from it, cardio is the way to go. Nothing wrong with lifting when done well - it just does less for the mind. Some of each would be great, if that works for you.

If most people don't interest you that much, maybe there are exciting things to do. What you don't want is to be a frustrated excitement-seeker with nothing to do and starting stupid habits of some kind because of it. That desire for excitement can potentially drag you into a lot of things you'd normally have the sense to stay away from, so feeding yourself "good excitement from good things" is something to build into your life.

Modafinilguy
10-27-13, 05:30 AM
Text something awesome to the guy, and he won't want to talk to you anymore.

Why do you want to stop talking to him though?

ADHD medication?

Smash your phone if it's that bad?