View Full Version : How do you get diagnosed?

425runner
10-27-13, 08:26 PM
How does a person get an official dg. from a doctor? I've been having fibromyalgia symptoms for about 2 years but every time I see my doctor about it he orders a bunch of tests and tells me "it's depression" and prescribes ADs. My cortisol was high the last time - too much stress lately, juggling life, work and everything else. People don't realize how much effort it takes to get anything done!

Does a person need to see a specific doctor? I have auto-immune condition called interstitial cystitis and from what I can see those could be related.

dvdnvwls
10-27-13, 08:59 PM
You have a diagnosis of depression already; that is official. If you believe that is incorrect or incomplete, then you may decide to "get a second opinion" or to switch doctors entirely. If you strongly suspect that you have ADHD, then finding a psychiatrist familiar with ADHD can be a very good plan.

sarahsweets
10-28-13, 04:40 AM
Its a shame that your doctor doesnt seem willing to go a step further. I would consider getting a second opinion. There are only so many ********* answers a person can take.