View Full Version : Greatest Thing Ever! - KanbanFlow!!

Stevuke79
10-31-13, 01:06 PM
This is absolutely the best thing ever for someone with ADHD. If you want to use it personally, it's free.
Go to kanbanflow (dot) com

You set up what you need to do (tasks) First thing in the morning I usually at least have SOME idea.
You pick one to do b- click on it. A 25 minute timer starts.
It reminds you to take a break every 25 minutes. 4 short breaks, then a long break.
You always see in front of you: 1. Doing 2. To-Do 3. Done

For me, the HARDEST PART of staying focused is remembering what I decided to do that day AND remembering what I was doing two seconds ago. That second one is big because even when you get going it all seems very hopeless. If you always see in front of you:
1. Current Task 2. Remaining Tasks 3. Completed Tasks

THEN it's very easy to stay motivated and to keep moving. In other words, when I'm trying to figure out what to do next, . that's when I hop on facebook. :) When I feel like I've done nothing today anyway, .. why not wait till tomorrow when I will REALLY get started.

So, maybe someone will find this helpful
I tried to find a more appropriate thread for technology.. but all I found was apps. Please forgive if I've posted this in the wrong place or if there was already a thread to post this.

Fuzzy12
10-31-13, 01:12 PM
Thanks, I'll try this :)

bmorejon
11-07-13, 02:49 PM
This is similar to the popular Trello at trello (dot) com.

purpleToes
11-08-13, 04:16 AM
I can confirm that Kanban is quick to learn. I just did it in probably 10 minutes including signing up, and I went slowly because I'm tired. Something I will definitely try using because of the low effort to learn it.

WheresMyMind
01-02-14, 04:50 AM
Nothing special here. This is very ordinary project management 101 as taught in all business schools.

And it has NOTHING to do with Kanban, which never has a "flow". Kanban is a written card system to enable one process to communicate its needs to the preceeding process in a production line.

Bugs the hell out of me when someone presents something useful and then uses an incorrect, and otherwise useful word to describe it.

This is good stuff, but it has NOTHING to do with kanban.

WheresMyMind
01-02-14, 04:52 AM
This is absolutely the best thing ever for someone with ADHD. If you want to use it personally, it's free.
kanbanflow (dot) com

You set up what you need to do (tasks) First thing in the morning I usually at least have SOME idea.
You pick one to do b- click on it. A 25 minute timer starts.
It reminds you to take a break every 25 minutes. 4 short breaks, then a long break.
You always see in front of you: 1. Doing 2. To-Do 3. Done

For me, the HARDEST PART of staying focused is remembering what I decided to do that day AND remembering what I was doing two seconds ago. That second one is big because even when you get going it all seems very hopeless. If you always see in front of you:
1. Current Task 2. Remaining Tasks 3. Completed Tasks

THEN it's very easy to stay motivated and to keep moving. In other words, when I'm trying to figure out what to do next, . that's when I hop on facebook. :) When I feel like I've done nothing today anyway, .. why not wait till tomorrow when I will REALLY get started.

So, maybe someone will find this helpful
I tried to find a more appropriate thread for technology.. but all I found was apps. Please forgive if I've posted this in the wrong place or if there was already a thread to post this.

I'm happy that your hardest decision is remembering what you decided to do that day.

For 99% of ADD sufferers, the hardest part is deciding what is WORTH doing.

Do you have a tool for that?

Thanks,

WMM

Stevuke79
01-02-14, 11:54 AM
This is very ordinary project management 101 as taught in all business schools...And it has NOTHING to do with Kanban, which never has a "flow". Kanban is a written card system to enable one process to communicate its needs to the preceeding process in a production line.

Bugs the hell out of me when someone presents something useful and then uses an incorrect, and otherwise useful word to describe it..

Dude, I found an awesome online egg-timer that a lot of people like. The. site is called Kanban Flow, a term which as you point out, I had no desire to look up. Chill out.

I'm happy that your hardest decision is remembering what you decided to do that day. For 99% of ADD sufferers, the hardest part is deciding what is WORTH doing. Do you have a tool for that? Thanks, WMM

I got us half way there... Now you go find an app for what's "worth" doing and then we're all basically cured. I'll even let you take all the credit ;) ;)

gsueagle08
09-19-14, 05:40 PM
Nothing special here. This is very ordinary project management 101 as taught in all business schools.

And it has NOTHING to do with Kanban, which never has a "flow". Kanban is a written card system to enable one process to communicate its needs to the preceeding process in a production line.

Bugs the hell out of me when someone presents something useful and then uses an incorrect, and otherwise useful word to describe it.

This is good stuff, but it has NOTHING to do with kanban.

It is Kanban, maybe not by the strict definition of the Toyota system, but it is still the same basic principals of Kanban.