View Full Version : Sinking

Fuzzy12
10-31-13, 08:53 PM
I quit sertraline about a month ago. I think I had a very very mild episode of hypomania and now I'm sinking back into good old depression. I'm trying really hard not to or rather I'm trying really hard to care enough not to sink back into depression. But i can't seem to stop it and slowly I'm getting to the stage where I .can't really be bothered. I just want to sleep but what's the point? at some point i'll have to wake up again.

MX2012
10-31-13, 08:58 PM
Fuzzy, sleep can be helpful.

Did you have any other counter-depression actions to take that worked for you in the past?

Fuzzy, I remember in my depressions -- I felt little to nothing. I felt numb -- so contrary to my "normal" self.

Sounds silly but sometimes I would use touchstones, these are items that if I held gave me comfort. For example, I slept with an old sleeping bag as a cover, for some reason, the bag gave me as sense of comfort.

Speaking of touchstones, maybe I need to find another one. My old sleeping bag was donated to charity after my last move.

PM if you need to talk.

Take care, hold on, dream.

Blanched Dubois
10-31-13, 09:26 PM
I quit sertraline about a month ago. I think I had a very very mild episode of hypomania and now I'm sinking back into good old depression. I'm trying really hard not to or rather I'm trying really hard to care enough not to sink back into depression. But i can't seem to stop it and slowly I'm getting to the stage where I .can't really be bothered. I just want to sleep but what's the point? at some point i'll have to wake up again.

This is such a great catch...what you see yourself doing....Fuzzy...! Do you have any interest in having silly fun like I get taking some improv class - just fun for a couple hours doing the 'improv workout' - exercises that just make you find out you need to do more kegels
lol?

love ya --and I know how ya feel - I ride the horsey and make fun of myself when I get depressed - since I had almost managed to grab the brass ring in 2011 - had quit smoking - took off that last 5 lbs - started a new diet - and then well - got smacked down by the killer in my psyche if that's true that Jungian shiz or by a random life to which we bring meaning
who knows - and with adhd it's like who cares - I prefer comedy so I can be angry and funny and get paid to exorcise my politically incorrect ideas or entertain them - i'm not possessed - heh and if I was i'd be the most jovial entity i'd probably just cause my 'host' to tell bad jokes so she ends up getting ignored no matter how much pea soup she vomits up or however many revolutions her head makes around that neck

dang lol that reminds me of the movie witth that teacher Mrs Tingle and the girl who is the budding actress and her imitation of that scene in the exorcist - it was so good - wat a great movie lol - wellll - don't sink without taking a nice tank of air and some fins a nice mask so you can sink and see pretty fishies

koi koi ?

Blanched Dubois
10-31-13, 09:36 PM
Fuzzy, sleep can be helpful.

Did you have any other counter-depression actions to take that worked for you in the past?

Fuzzy, I remember in my depressions -- I felt little to nothing. I felt numb -- so contrary to my "normal" self.

Sounds silly but sometimes I would use touchstones, these are items that if I held gave me comfort. For example, I slept with an old sleeping bag as a cover, for some reason, the bag gave me as sense of comfort.

Speaking of touchstones, maybe I need to find another one. My old sleeping bag was donated to charity after my last move.

PM if you need to talk.

Take care, hold on, dream.

I love your post. I've not spoken of depression - or anything much just ranted

released what I feel is insanity from societal demands - and the pressures of being in a body and in an economic *shakes head can't put into words or won't* gotta stay positive - but keep it real so i'll end on a bless the life the life is blessed and say - we need reform as a species or ma dirt outta just shrug us off like the bugs we are

lol

depression - under it is an unhonored rage - a small death - a significant event that has not been looked at and is running rampant in the psyche to get your attention and if not tended to within the 2 yrs since it's inception is likely to become chronic - so talking about and honoring one's 'small deaths' and making a timeline so you can mourn and celebrate the momentous times you note in your life and bury the dead - honor it - contain it - bless release

that blows depression up as does always putting your resentment into words like this behavior had this affect on me and always doing only wat u really want to do for loved ones - not sacrificing when you need to rest, say

you're so smart fuzzy - but depression - ooooh I wanna just take a blow torch to the cold bish - cus in it the worst is that numb cold dead state in hibernation - waiting - like snow white or a bear - and bears shtupp their mate in hibernation so she wakes up and emerges with a baby cub alive and kickin' so think about that - hibernation for self to recharge is crucial to new life

here's to motivation to overcome the throes of depression - kickin the crap outta apathy with love relentlessly and annoying persistence lol works on my son who is only going to come out and play if I absolutely work for it

and he's worth it to a point - still - I don't do depression - I do frustration and stand up comedy in my living room to the dog

sarahsweets
11-01-13, 04:38 AM
fuzzy I forget but are you on ritilin or concerta?

Fuzzy12
11-01-13, 05:42 AM
Neither. The psychiatrist hasn't even sent off the report about my evaluation yet.

midnightstar
11-01-13, 08:32 AM
Keep fighting sweetheart we all want the best for you ((((((((((((((((fuzzy))))))))))))))))))) <3

yellowflowers
11-02-13, 04:22 PM

Hi Fuzzy

Just wanted to say coming on here to say whats happening shows big part of you DOES CARE and doesn't want to sink back XXX Can relate to the urge to just sleep, and then thinking oooo but I'll still have to face the world when I get up. I find a lot getting into bed just kind of confirms in my head that I can't cope - its like that nasty voice inside my head is "told you so" saying look here you are in bed so you must not be able.... if that makes sense. I find I don't tend to sleep in that state... when I get in for a genuine nap, its different somehow. But being in bed during the day time has started to remind me of really bad depressed times and lying there with thoughts spining round my head.

Instead of feeling rested I end up feeling worse and somehow more tired and sluggish. I don't know. Its confusing. All really wanted to say was your not alone xxx

Daydreamin22
11-02-13, 07:00 PM
Aww Fuzz *pat on back* well get ya through it together.

*Sings* Lean on me, when you're not strong, and Ill be your friend, Ill help you carry on.