View Full Version : nasal congestion and adderal

focusthought23
11-05-13, 04:08 PM
Anybody get nasal congestion at night when there adderall wears off? If so how do you deal with it?

Laserbeak
11-06-13, 12:34 AM
No, actually the Adderall keeps my nasal passages clear all day and night, but you could try nasal spray or something OTC but behind the counter with pseudoephedrine (e.g. Advil Sinus), but that would be taking another stimulant.

Unmanagable
11-06-13, 12:45 AM
I keep tissues within reach and a bottle of eucalyptus essential oil handy to inhale vs. the vicks inhaler tube thingy.

Nate W
11-06-13, 09:05 PM
Amphetamines do have decongestant properties. It has to do with how they dry out the sinuses due to the vasso constriction (lets less fluid through the capilaries). That is also why you an get cold hands and feet when on Adderall. This is caused by the increase in noradrenalin.

And some people get ADHD control with decongestants (the pseudoephedrin types). They increase noradrenalin too.

--Nate

focusthought23
11-06-13, 11:30 PM
Yeah i know adderal is a decongestant which is why i think my sinus rebound at night when it wears off( also get low blood pressure at times when it wears off ). Posted this to see if this was common but i guess not. Could also just be that adderall treats allergies that i may have

Brittany
11-08-13, 03:56 PM
Ask the pharmacist if you can take over the counter sinus stuff at night or every other night, like a mild one.