View Full Version : Do you people like coffee?

Rickym
11-08-13, 09:16 AM
Well many people like green tea because it has many benefits but coffee is also good and has great benefits so how many people here like coffee. Reply me and discuss about coffee and its benefits.

Fuzzy12
11-08-13, 11:47 AM
Considering how much coffee I drink, I don't actually like the taste that much. I love the smell and I like the texture though. And I like having a hot thick liquid when it's cold or rainy. Green tea makes me sick.

I'm not even convinced it makes me more awake or alert. It does make me a bit jittery when I have too much. Actually, I'm not sure why I drink that much coffee. It's mainly out of habit :rolleyes:

stef
11-08-13, 12:34 PM
YES, I love coffee, I dislike tea.
I don't know if coffee has any "benefits" but I really can't focus without it. I probably have about 4-5 per day.

(or 2 tall starbucks !)

MX2012
11-08-13, 01:14 PM
Rickym -- Yes, I do like coffee, while the taste never matches the smell. One big reason I drink coffee is that it stays hot longer then tea or cocoa.

But, in my later years, I became sensitive to coffee. One cup of coffee after Noon and I can not go to sleep. So, I switched to black tea which seems to be ok for now.

But, I do have a cup of coffee now and then before Noon and I am ok. Some coffees are milder in the area of caffeine.

I do like the caffeine buzz. It does energize me and enhance my focus.

mctavish23
11-08-13, 07:30 PM
Loves both coffee and (strictly) iced (sweet) tea. The latter is strictly a Southern thing.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

Brittany
11-08-13, 08:03 PM
I love coffee! But don't think I can handle it on adderal

Fraser_0762
11-08-13, 09:06 PM
I love the temporary effect of coffee, but can't drink too much of it. I seem to have a hard time stomaching caffeine.

phantasm
11-08-13, 10:21 PM
I love my first cup every morning. In fact when I buy a new creamer, I can't wait to go to bed and try it in the morning. Actually, coffee is my excuse to drink creamer. :scratch:

If only they had caffenated creamer... :faint:

I only drink one cup of coffee a day. additional cups make me jittery or sleepy.

I do love the smell of coffee and I can be an espresso snob, it's gotta be made correctly.

Nicksgonefishin
11-08-13, 10:26 PM
I miss coffee. It would wake me up in the morning.

Don't take it with my stim as the crash is just too hard. For me no coffee=no crash.

pooka
11-08-13, 10:35 PM
Hate the taste, and it doesn't give me any energy either.

I do love tea though.

Rebelyell
11-08-13, 10:54 PM
Yes im definately a coffee ***** I drink more then 60 oz a day of it.

BellaVita
11-08-13, 10:59 PM
Drinking it makes me too tired

But I do like the taste of it.

purpleToes
11-09-13, 12:58 AM
I love coffee but I can't usually tolerate the caffeine with my prescribed stimulants. So I drink decaf sometimes. For an energy boost, I prefer the effect of tea (usually green tea) because the caffeine is balanced out by the calming substances it also contains.

Drewbacca
11-09-13, 03:59 AM
Bai Mudan White Tea... I can't stand the taste of green tea, unless it is iced and sweetened.

Coffee, the blacker the better (with a pinch of sugar), no cream. Usually, I drink it in the form of a caramel latte. I like the foam, I like the espresso, I like how the caramel rolls on the tongue at the bottom of the cup (real caramel, not that syrup crap).

Coffee makes the bad mood go away. It gets me out of bed. It's the extra edge I need when medication (adderall) alone isn't enough.

Just thinking about it makes me want to dig out my French press.

stef
11-09-13, 04:12 AM
has anyone ever had swedish egg coffee?
i guess they put an egg in the coffee grounds or something
i tried some at the MN state fair
it was amazing!

xavior686
11-09-13, 04:37 AM
it was amazing!

Egg-flavored coffee? Hmmm, not sure that sounds too appetizing! :p

stef
11-09-13, 05:08 AM
no it tastes nothing like egg! thats what i thought too
its just extremely smooth and rich

SB_UK
11-09-13, 06:08 AM
After a bit of coffee - I start to sweat, feel pain in the gums and feel hollow inside.
I can't take stimulants either.

I could take dexedrine / caffeine previously - and so think that what happens is that the body develops a resistance to 'external stimulation / stimulants' with development (of mind ?) ... ie we transcend the need for stimulation.

IE shift from an external (material mode) model of stimulation (dopaminergic circuit activation) to an other model of dopaminergic circuit activation; the other model doesn't require external (material mode) activators - in fact - if caffeine is anything to go by - causes pain!
So - the nifty thing about the dopamine circuit is that it's balanced by the opioid circuit - ie faster and slower - and I'm noting (thanks to Unmanageable) - incredible pain on gluten (an opioid) also. And there's a similar molecule in gluten and casein.

And immediate effects on the G.I.T also - with 1/4 cup of standard coffee.

-*-

I will use a small amount of coffee prior to exercise - because it's meant to help ... ... but am wondering whether the positive effects are counter-balanced.

someothertime
11-09-13, 07:38 AM
Oh Dear :eek:... Can I refuse to answer in case I incriminate myself :eyebrow:

I love the stuff and I hate it...

Like a seductive temptress from the deep it beckons me... with it's soothing notes and pulsating spark i'm drawn to her... Knowing deep down the aftermath will leave me empty... deflated... and yearning for more :giggle:

Matt329
11-09-13, 07:44 AM
Lol funny topic because usually before an exam I see many students around me hopelessly chugging down coffee and energy drinks in hope of gaining the psychical stimulation and mental focus needed for the exam while I just sit back on my medication and grin. There's so many people out there suffering with our condition that are not even aware of it! I personally can't stand anything to do with caffeine. I have one upper only in my life.

mctavish23
11-09-13, 11:51 PM
stef,

Was that with or without potica ?

tc

Robert

BellaVita
11-10-13, 01:38 AM
I think coffee is for old people. (JK just couldn't resist!)

peripatetic
11-10-13, 03:26 AM
i prefer tea to coffee...but now and then...

it's good for helping me sleep is the only benefit other than warming me up on a chilly day or just for the taste of it with certain meals.

stef
11-10-13, 03:55 AM
stef,

Was that with or without potica ?

tc

Robert

without, apparently...
what is potica?
this was at the MN state fair by the way. i was there in the morning. needed coffee after eating deep fried croissant with powdered sugar!

mctavish23
11-10-13, 06:59 PM
lol and ur from here

It's like some walnut cinnamon pastry thingy in thin layers.

tc

Robert

stef
11-10-13, 07:06 PM
nope i was raised on donuts !

RicardoBogie
11-11-13, 10:12 AM
I brew half decaf and half dark roast in my manual bodum. A bodum seems to give it a special flavor and I make coffee for myself only so there's no wasted brew.

Its a well known and economical pre-workout drink. I see young guys slurping down a cup before gym.

They installed a coffee machine at the gym. Its fresh brewed each time so I savor it. The younger generation mix a bit of cold water into it and gulp it down in one go. What a waste !

It helps me to concentrate.

I enjoy social interaction, interesting conversation over coffee...I've never gotten into the tea thing.

I read somewhere that coffee has an anti-oxydent in it. No biggie, I wouldn't drink it for that reason since I get loads of anti-oxydents from my diet and supplements.

PS: I found out my favorite coffee is made from coffee beans that have been digested by cats... how gross ! Is nothing sacred anymore ?
Why don't they put a warning on the bag ? ..."Made from cat poop"...or use a symbol to indicate its a cat poop item. What would that symbol look like ? Hmm. Mulling.

PPS: I tried adding a bit of MCT oil to my coffee. This has been used to lose weight by some individuals. It give me too much energy. And besides, it makes me look like I'm wearing lip gloss: certainly not a good choice before going out !

purpleToes
11-12-13, 05:22 AM
it was amazing!

No, but it sounded so weird (and by accounts, delicious) I had to look it up! I found a recipe:
http://scandinavianfood.about.com/od/beverages/r/eggcoffee.htm

Looks easy enough I may even try it!

someothertime
11-12-13, 05:56 AM
I asked in a healthfood shop the other day about replacements. The lady showed me some dandelion... Said it was the closest thing.

She also pointed out hibiscus... Not sure how a florally flav will go down but I bought some at the markets..... Been in my wardrobe for a week :eek:

Arei
02-13-14, 05:37 AM
I've become addicted to Starbucks, its terrible for my wallet XD

I've been making my own lattes at home using both an Aeropress (best $30 spent ever ever ever) and a Keurig Rivo (best $220 spent ever ever ever). Still breaking the bank sometimes though P:

I do like tea, I mostly drink sweet tea ;) But I love green tea, roobias, chai, but ESPECIALLY white tea <3 Cold or hot, it's the best! I've been so gung ho with the coffee and adjusting to a new work routine that I haven't had ANY tea lately. I really need to, it makes me feel so much better @_@

stef
02-13-14, 06:06 AM
there is really nothing better, than simply a "tall pike" from starbucks.
$2.63, with the morning paper!

Arei
02-13-14, 07:02 AM
I'm a hazelnut latte person.

I was really digging the carmel flan latte, but there's apparently the right amount of sugar to send me violently crashing afterwards, even if I drink it before I eat a large meal. So no more of that :(

Lunacie
02-13-14, 02:06 PM
I don't seem to ever drink hot drinks.

Don't like the taste of coffee, maybe if it was made right and not taste bitter I might.

For a long time I drank a lot of green tea, either iced or just from a pitcher in the fridge.

Lately I've only been able to tolerate room temp water because of tooth/nerve issues.