View Full Version : Peripheral's Corner

mildadhd
11-08-13, 10:13 PM
...The way I interpret the BrainMind.

The lower and middle brain generate affective experiences, higher brain regulates and dwells?

7 primary (basic) emotional processes? (Affective Neuroscience)

SEEKING, RAGE, FEAR, LUST, CARE, GRIEF, PLAY

Brain research supports the existence of at least seven primary-process (basic) emotional systems - SEEKING, RAGE, FEAR, LUST, CARE, GRIEF (formerly PANIC), and PLAY
- concentrated in ancient subcortical regions of all mammalian brains.
Brain stimulations can serve as “rewards” when positive-emotions are aroused - eg, SEEKING, LUST, CARE, and aspects of PLAY.
When negative emotions are aroused - RAGE, FEAR, GRIEF - animals escape the stimulation.

The above behavioral and affective changes are rarely, if ever, evoked from higher prefrontal neocortical regions..

..although the neocortex can clearly regulate (eg, inhibit) emotional arousals and, no doubt, prompt emotional feelings by dwelling on life problems.

-Prof. Panksepp

What do you think?

Laymans

SB_UK
11-09-13, 06:24 AM
There's a fight between the 'thinking' part and the 'primary emotional reactions' for control of human behaviour ?

ie your primary emotions play you -> controls your behaviour (people pursue the reptilian mode of behaviour)
or
you (the moral mind) plays emotions -> controls behaviour.

Reptilian mode of behaviour

The reptile is your first, and most ancient brain - it is not social.

Reptiles show no mercy - you either dominate them or they dominate you.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 06:35 AM
...The way I interpret the BrainMind.
The lower and middle brain generate affective experiences, higher brain regulates and dwells.

The lower and middle brain generate affective experiences
Described as the reptilian brain defining anti-social behaviour.

higher brain regulates
Attempts to inhibit - if regulate means inhibit the reptilian brain from controlling behaviour.

higher brain dwells.So - this is points to rumination in the incomplete mind -> psychological stress (via emotion) -> disease.

So summarising in a way that I'm absolutely positive I'm not going to receive any warnings for off-topic posts.

1. Reptilian minds just want to win - this type of mind is not social.
2. The thinking mind can (upon state wisdom) overcome the reptilian mind and turn the individual social.
3. In the journey between incomplete (first - 5 years) and complete (wisdom - if it occurs) - a large part driving the completion of mind, is a fundamental level of stress which the individual is under - which causes disease - to complete (achieve wisdom) that mind.

When we achieve wisdom - we don't ruminate/dwell on anything in mind - there're no longer any gaps in mind and so no irritation bearing a mind.

The mind is like water flowing downhill - it'll be naturally driven to find the path of least resistance; this path of least resistance will be the path it wants to take - and equates - in science/mind to the simplest/explanatory model of reality.

That is - there's a natural predisposition that people have (just as water flows downhill) to forming mind -none of the so called 'important thinkers' were necessary - if they didn't exist - then another 'lot' 'd have taken their place.

That is - that forming a completely consistent world view is an inevitable outcome for man - given a little time.

However - when we achieve wisdom - the higher mind has overcome the lower (reptilian mind) - and the individual's emotions are completely controlled by morality - that is the individual's emotions prevent immoral behaviours.

The has been described by Stabile as 'enforced moral consistency'.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 06:45 AM
So - summarising.

1st brain - like a reptile = anti-social [we're born into this brain/mind - kids are selfish!]
Current brain - tendency towards moral = social [the brain/mind we aspire to owning because we're no longer tied to material world desires (the behaviours which float the reptile's boat of 'eating thy neighbour')]

All we need is to make the jump from 1st brain to properly human brain, whereby the emotions are wrestled from an anti-social model of existence (ie it's all about me - see all of the many people who love to see themselves in the limelight) to it's all about everybody else.

sarek
11-09-13, 07:09 AM
In Gurdjieffian thinking there is a division in three main brain functions:

1. The moving function, roughly corresponding to the reptilian brain. This controls basic survival behaviour. Fight, flight, eat, procreate.

2. The emotional brain. This deals with issues of right and wrong. Its the basis for ethical behaviour.

3. The intellectual brain. This function is pretty much exclusively primate. The intellect analyses and draws conclusions, using logic. It is NOT capable of making ethical decisions. For the intellect, good or bad does not exist. Thats the job of the emotional brain.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 08:46 AM

1. The moving function, roughly corresponding to the reptilian brain. This controls basic survival behaviour. Fight, flight, eat, procreate.

2. The emotional brain. This deals with issues of right and wrong. Its the basis for ethical behaviour.

3. The intellectual brain. This function is pretty much exclusively primate. The intellect analyses and draws conclusions, using logic. It is NOT capable of making ethical decisions. For the intellect, good or bad does not exist. Thats the job of the emotional brain.

Sounds good!

mildadhd
11-09-13, 12:25 PM
The way I understand.

Primary negative emotions (FEAR, ANGER, GRIEF) promote "fight, freeze or flight" stress response, stimulating and developing, aroused areas of the BrainMind, involved with these primary (basic) (universal) emotion systems.

Primary positive emotions (SEEKING, LUST, CARE, aspects of PLAY) do not promote the "escape" stress response, stimulating and developing, aroused areas of the BrainMind, involved with these primary (basic) (universal) emotion systems

The primary emotional systems involve all 3 brains.

SEEKING, RAGE, FEAR (reptilian) are lower in the brain, and LUST, CARE, GRIEF, PLAY (Mammalian) are higher in the brain. (in that order)

All primary emotions systems communicate with each other.

Higher cortical functions are built and shaped around lower subcortical emotional functions.

Environmental factors and hypersensitive tendencies, may make it more likely, for some people to develop ADD, before the age of 4.

Laymans

SB_UK
11-09-13, 12:35 PM
The way I understand.

Primary negative emotions (FEAR, ANGER, GRIEF) promote "fight, freeze or flight" stress response, stimulating and developing, aroused areas of the BrainMind, involved with these primary (basic) (universal) emotion systems.

Primary positive emotions (SEEKING, LUST, CARE, aspects of PLAY) do not promote the "escape" stress response, stimulating and developing, aroused areas of the BrainMind, involved with these primary (basic) (universal) emotion systems

The primary emotional systems involve all 3 brains.

SEEKING, RAGE, FEAR (reptilian) are lower in the brain, and LUST, CARE, GRIEF, PLAY (Mammalian) are higher in the brain. (in that order)

All primary emotions systems communicate with each other.

Higher cortical functions are built and shaped around lower subcortical emotional functions.
sounds good

Environmental factors and hypersensitive tendencies, may make more likely, for some people to develop ADD, before the age of 4.
sounds good

But I can't immediately connect the 2 quotes together.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 12:38 PM
I've been taught that evolution works to deliver ever new (emergent) properties.
IE you can't tell what's coming from what's happened previously.

Look at the human mind from the perspective of what was there previously - and it's clear that we wouldn't have second guessed its imminent appearance.

And so relying on precedent may not reveal the whole picture.

I'd like to see us transcend all of what we've experienced previously.

IE lower, medium and higher brain - so that'd be the reptilian, mammalian and 'thought' modules.

Transcending reptilian, mammalian and 'thought' modules
- for a world of informational relay.

So - information as the 'new' aspect of man - with the wiring of eg 'music' into reward as an example.

You'd never guess that music 'd become *so* important.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 12:41 PM
So - the popular idea of 'end of mind' is in keeping with the idea of transcending the 3 layers of brain / mind ?

I really can't find any question which we can't answer - by that there are plenty of questions which I can explain we can't answer
- but that's tantamount to answering them.

If you know that only gluten free vegetables and water are on the table - you won't spend your life searching for a magical mock pork and sugar-free apple dispenser.

The crazy geneticist, to mention just one notable magical mock pork and sugar-free apple seeker is wasting our time.

Gluten free veggies are good enough.

mildadhd
11-09-13, 01:43 PM
I think the 7 primary (basic) (universal) emotions are genetic. (instinct)

They must be if they exist in all mammals.

I think ADD is epigenetic. (experience)

(Depends on individual circumstances.)

Laymans

Lunacie
11-09-13, 01:58 PM

That is something I can wrap my brain around - presumably the intellectual brain. :)

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:04 PM
I think the 7 primary (basic) (universal) emotions are genetic. (instinct)

They must be if they exist in all mammals.

Sounds good

I think ADD is epigenetic. (experience)
(Depends on individual circumstances.)

Does this mean that the germ cell, embryo, foetus, newborn or child needs to have had a specific experience to get ADHD ?
And if they don't have this experience then they won't get ADHD ?

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:08 PM
The experience must be (di)stress ?

Di(stress) of mother/baby between -9 months and 4 years results in ADHD ?

A 5 year window in which we need to ensure that mother does not become stressed ?

Is that the answer ?

There's only 1 way of doing that - but I'm not permitted to write what it is.

Abi
11-09-13, 02:23 PM
Moderator Note

Please review our Etiquette Guidelines and adhere to them. You all know where to find them.

Insulting members, whether or not their usernames are stated but where their identities are obvious from the context is not acceptable practice.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:32 PM
If it's di(stress) between -9 months and 4 years - wouldn't we expect to see a massively increased prevalence of ADHD in poor places ?

Life in poverty must represent a life under constant intense (di)stress.

Which I guess can be inferred by the reduced life-spans in poverty.

So - all provable using epidemiological principles.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:36 PM
What do I think is ADHD ?

Emergence of a new type of critter with a different reward system - a critter which is reward activated by attunement.

That's all.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:42 PM
Now where's the change stipulated ?

Well - we'd need to ask the simple question of where is the change stipulated which gave rise to the mind (40,000 years ago).
If we can't find one from simple sequencing - and I don't know if we've nailed the genetic change which gave rise to mind
- then it's highly likely that we won't be able to find the change in human sequence which gave rise to subsequent changes.

Where is the change that gave rise to the human mind ?
I think we'll find that it's something like one of the EEG frequencies we've hit
- something like theta EEG hitting the primary node of the Schumann resonance.

IE nothing to do with how we build a car - and everything to do with learning to drive the car at 56mph instead of a madcap anti-social 200 mph.

And once we 'learnt' 56 mph - the 'attraction' "pulled" people towards applying that same frequency ie no genetic change required.

An emergent property of electrical properties of the brain/mind - EEG.

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:47 PM
So - from previously - the Schumann resonance runs in parallel with the EEG bands - and so if nerves're 'attracted' to a certain firing pattern - which could surf the Schumann resonance and create an informational structure (waveform) between the magnet swirl of the planet and ionosphere/magnetosphere
- which would be the collective of all our individual waveforms.

The goal of course 'd be constructive interference
- ie to create a set of waves which are logically coherent with one another - no interference.

And thereby - we'd arrive at an end-point in this stage of human evolution - at a collective wisdom structure - where all people bear a mind which is logically consistent with one another.

A social world 'd then beckons.

Hmmm ... ... radio communication from one end of the globe to the other - is possible.

Human communicaton between one end of the globe and another - possible ?
- using only our heads.

Maybe - we've the mechanism - here.

Using the electromagnetic induction phenomenon - we might be able to work out how attunement occurs in communication.

Actual electrical induction at the level of brain/mind through communication !

SB_UK
11-09-13, 02:57 PM
Attunement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnQUxN78hBU

SB_UK
11-09-13, 03:00 PM
It's just EEG mediated learning - which allows transmission of energy
- and that's attunement.

Definitely.

We're creatures of our environment and our existence is tied to planet Earth.

And so ?
and so we'd better take an advanced course in potty training and stop pooping all over it.

We can't leave - our mind is tied to it.

Nicksgonefishin
11-09-13, 03:56 PM
Thank you guys for these insights. Logistics of someone else explains my anxiety in relationships perfectly

prefect. ... nm. It explains it illucidating clear. Being mindfull of perfection. ;)

SB_UK
11-09-13, 04:20 PM
Using the electromagnetic induction phenomenon - we might be able to work out how attunement occurs in communication.

Explaining the non-verbal nature of attunement.

Listening to speech and talking really annoys me.

A state of mind (EEG frequency) thing.

mildadhd
11-09-13, 07:24 PM
I think ADD is experiences and genes.

(Layman)

I believe that ADD can be better understood if we examine people's lives, not only bits of DNA.

Heredity does make an important contribution, but far less than usually assumed.

At the same time, it would serve no purpose to set up the false opposition of environment to genetic inheritance.

No such split exists in nature, or in the mind of any serious scientist.

If in this book I emphasize environment, I do so to focus attention on an area that most books on the subject neglect and none explore in nearly enough detail.

Such neglect frequently leads to crippling deficiencies in what people are offered by way of treatment.

There are many biological events involving body and brain that are not directly programmed by heredity, and so to say that ADD is not primarily genetic is not in any sense to deny its biological features--either those that are inherited or those that are acquired as a result of experience.

The genetic blueprints for the architecture and the workings of the human brain develop in a process of interaction with the environment.

ADD does reflect biological malfunctions in certain brain centers, but many of its features--including the underlying biology itself--are also intextricably connected to the person's physical and emotional experiences with the world.

-Gabor Mate M.D., "Scattered", P 25-26

!i!

mildadhd
11-09-13, 07:51 PM
What do I think is ADHD ?

Emergence of a new type of critter with a different reward system - a critter which is reward activated by attunement.

That's all.

Attunement is essential for the development of healthy self regulation, in all infant children.

Extra emotionally hypersensitive infant require extra attunement, to accommodate for the extra hypersensitive emotional reaction, to promote healthier development of self regulation.

One and one. (infant and primary care giver)

The infant decides when the attunement does and does not take place, in early life.

Healthy development of emotional self regulation, depends on healthy development of emotional attunement.

Especially in the early years.

Laymans

SB_UK
11-10-13, 04:49 AM
2013's metaanalysis of a decade of EEGing in ADHD.

Many EEG studies have reported that ADHD is characterized by elevated Theta/Beta ratio (TBR); a substantial sub-group of ADHD patients do deviate on this measureImpact Factor: (http://jad.sagepub.com/content/17/5/374.abstract)2.16354345788654 (http://jad.sagepub.com/content/17/5/374.abstract)

I like theta EEG.

SB_UK
11-10-13, 07:00 AM
If theta people attune through theta
- then we've a mechanism of definining a speciation even

ie speciation does not permit mating outside of species -

- we'd observe associative mating between theta EEG minds - because these're the only ones which can attune (love).

Love is just an electomagnetic phenomenon between like-mentally stated (in our case theta goers)

- and 'love' (attunement) (electrical discharge) is simply the consequence of theta minds in proximity/communication.

It's all just electromagnetic induction.

What a relief !

Physics is good.

There are 2 types of science - physics and stamp-collecting*

* stamp-collecting = everything to do with medical research particularly including bioinformatics which is stamp-collecting on an epic scale.

SB_UK
11-10-13, 07:26 AM
Attunement is essential for the development of healthy self regulation, in all infant children.

Extra emotionally hypersensitive infant require extra attunement, to accommodate for the extra hypersensitive emotional reaction, to promote healthier development of self regulation.

One and one. (infant and primary care giver)

The infant decides when the attunement does and does not take place, in early life.

Healthy development of emotional self regulation, depends on healthy development of emotional attunement.

Especially in the early years.

Laymans

So - mother-child EEG-based attachment, mother defines child type ('contagious' mindset).
Neatly whacking the heritability of ADHD idea on the head - explaining the heritability of ADHD.

Thereafter - child fits into society based on 'theta' type

Theta attunement tuned.

- nonADDer - higher EEGs fits into nonADD world - attachment/attunement to the higher frequency EEGs ... ADDers fit into ADD world - attachment/attunement to the lower frequency EEGs - lower is better.

So .... ... 'theta' wired - mind-states driven by Schumann resonance.

Higher -> Lower frequency 'attracting' our evolution.

Higher -> Lower frequency - in line with higher -> lower transition in evolution ie really hot at point of Big Bang - what follows is cooling alongside informational complexity =- we'd expect lower energetics with increasing informational complexity.

What's the point ?
Raw energy (chemical entropy) is being converted to an informational structure (informational complexity) (informational entropy) with time - and this transition represents the evolutionary thrust.

To lower EEGs would make sense.

What does the low EEG feel like ?
Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVWcptE6UAI

http://www.nhahealth.com/science.htm
Theta EEG is seen in connection with creativity, intuition, daydreaming, and fantasizing.

SB_UK
11-10-13, 01:02 PM
Getting there - just seeing where this leads ?

No dopamine (reward) - No can do.
What is the most striking current technological advance.

Social networks on the Internet.

People wouldn't spend their lives on them - unless there was some reward (motivation) from taking part.

Why're people achieving reward from social behaviour ?
But is it social behaviour - or is it simply 'look at me' selfish behaviour in a social context.
Do I feel any thrust to write anything about myself on these sites ?
No.

The Internet though does present us with an unprecedented opportunity to build theories - eg what is ADHD ? what is mind ? what is God ?
But why do you care ?
Because we're programmed (as of emergence of mind) to care.

Solving these various questions represents an evolutionary imperative.

But ?
- but what then happens, is that those (science) tasked with solving those questions - makes a complete hash of solving them.
We become buried under a mass of calculus and technical jargon.

So - completion of mind must be rewarding - for people to pursue understanding with violent vigour ?
Rewarding or is it Reduction in stress.
Right the way along - there has been an irritating connection between reward (positive) and stress relief (diminish a negative).

Is building the mind more about diminishing an almighty negative to zero - to allow us to live without the irritation of illogic residing within it ?
Yes.

It's not a positive - it's a reduction in negative.
Building a circuit which - when it's complete (completion in mind) allows dopamine to flow unencumbered
- ie sufficient reward without needing to accomplish anything.

That would be / is a nice state to be - and must represent enlightenment.

We have the irritation though of having to balance the mind with social behaviour (pair-bonding) and art (eg musical chills) ?
It's clear that we're shifting away from dopaminergic activation using material world factors (eg food and sex) - and it's clear that we've mind, social attachment/attunement and information (eg music) - which're all sustainable (unlike the addictive food and sex systems) - for activating our dopaminergic system ... ...

- but why do we need 3 ?

DA by material world factors eg money, food and sex are addictive (kills us).
DA by standard enlightenment (understanding reality) takes time - mid 30's.
DA by information - takes time (but not as much as enlightenment).
DA by social interaction - IMMEDIATE.

There is only 1 goal - and that'd be to be happy.

ADDers represent the emergence of a social species.
And this must be enforced - see DA by social interaction.
Gives way to DA by information.
Gives way to DA by enlightenment.

ADDers differ from nonADDers in DA from addictive material world factors - failing to float our boat - so 'custom' designed for DA by social interaction.

How ?
Theta EEG ?
Why does it feel good to be good ?
It's not that it feels good - it's just doesn't feel bad ?
Right the way along - there has been an irritating connection between reward (positive) and stress relief (diminish a negative).It's not that being good activates reward - it's that not being good causes pain.

Why ?
Feel bad.

How do you know to feel bad ?
Well - most people know that things like competition and chasing money is bad - and in our case - no matter how hard we try not to think about it - and even if not consciously in words - well - we do.

But why ADDers and not nonADDers ? They'll know also.
But we can't NOT know.

Meaning ?
That we're born into a globally logically consistent framework of mind - that is - that it assembles in an optimally connected way - we build mind consistently.

And nonADDers?
Are characterized by the politician - doublethink able and with no cognitive dissonance.

The politician (sophist) really hurts my head; Socrates for ever !!

SB_UK
11-10-13, 01:33 PM
ADDers represent the emergence of a social species.
And this must be enforced - see DA by social interaction.

==?==

SB_UK
11-10-13, 02:13 PM
If we look at Peripheral's 'Rat Park' experiment.

I think we'd be fine (derive social reward) and not (ADDers) be disordered
- if we simply lived in a fair system.

The irony of the unfairness of the system - is that we (ADDers) are not attracted (motivated,rewarded) towards being in the unfair (richer than average) set.

-*-

We're (particularly ADDers) simply in the 'Hell' infrastructure equivalent as described in Rat Park as leading to drug addiction.

ADDers particularly - because of our exclusive need for social reward / attunement in keeping our boats afloat.

We're actually a social species - and when we behave anti-socially we need to take dopamine (reward/motivation) in a bottle
- it's stress relief we're taking.

Dexedrine was originally sold as an anti-depressant.

Dexedrine - making the dull and immoral - possible.

SB_UK
11-10-13, 02:41 PM
http://www.stuartmcmillen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013-05-en-Rat-Park-38.pnghttp://www.stuartmcmillen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/2013-05-en-Rat-Park-39.png

What if the difference between not obtaining social reward and obtaining social reward ?

- was the difference between ... ...

Why do people see the world as their cage ?
Imprisonment.
Slavery.
Wage slavery.

How could people see the world as their playground ?
Freedom.
from slavery.
from wage slavery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQmEBuJbH0

SB_UK
11-10-13, 03:34 PM
Freedom from wage slavery.

Social stress up-regulates inflammatory gene expression in the leukocyte transcriptome

Current Issue (http://www.pnas.org/content/110/41/16574.abstract?sid=3f1e3136-d119-49ae-82e5-ff4a9e75c59e) (http://www.pnas.org/content/110/41.toc)

SB_UK
11-10-13, 03:45 PM
As your cage ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdglpRwhoQE&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BfhfV7QDGy2080kNJAC_tC

Or your playground ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ErQOovRuA

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pCoD_gcL_hE/UJ5EoTMOyKI/AAAAAAAACDw/R3WdGN2LTNU/s1600/money_burning.jpg

mildadhd
11-11-13, 12:08 AM
SB_UK,

I need to take some time to learn more about the primary (basic) (universal) emotions, and how they work.

So I can best understand the secondary and tertiary processes.

I plan to learn about 1 and 2 and 3.

But I need learn more about 1, first.

Thanks

Peripheral

SB_UK
11-11-13, 04:38 AM
SB_UK,

I need to take some time to learn more about the primary (basic) (universal) emotions, and how they work.

So I can best understand the secondary and tertiary processes.

I plan to learn about 1 and 2 and 3.

But I need learn more about 1, first.
Thanks
Peripheral

When negative emotions are aroused - RAGE, FEAR, GRIEF - animals escape the stimulation. rage - don't really get that
fear - well, we're all gonna' die so what's there to fear ?
grief - once you know you're gonna' die - what's there to grieve ?

<- from the lower perspective (ie bottom up)

However - I don't much like pain - and my aversion is to nonsense eg that genetics can lead to variations in mental conditions - when nobody's ever established (nor will establish) the genetic basis of mind.

It's a bit like trying to fill a hole in the road by thinking about jellybabies.

SB_UK
11-11-13, 04:44 AM
from the higher perspective (ie top down) ->

rage - stupid arguments (eg genetics of ADHD)
fear - people with a large stick (bosses) who force you to believe in the genetics of ADHD (for there's no other way to pay for your mortgage otherwise !)
grief - looking for the genes underlying ADHD when you know there're none to be found - and the search itself is fruitless, pointless, immoral and makes you fat!

Hmmm ... this is fun - and so secondary
SEEKING - some form of information (music, image (gadget for music/image)) which rewards.
LUST - finding some form of information (music, image (gadget for music/image)) which rewards.
CARE - for the material world - since we've hopped on up to the informational.
PLAY - within the virtual world.

and tertiary:
thinking mind - generation of the most efficient systems for having fun - particularly with respect to virtual reality - GTA V is something to behold -the quality of imagery is really coming on.

-*-

So - from the bottom up - the lower emotions (primary) were necessary in ensuring survival.
But then along came mind - and the lower emotions weren't useful in ensuring survival any more - in fact, as more people applied them - death of the species was inevitable.
And so along 'selected' mind.
And with mind - survival was ensured by all of those lower emotions being controlled by the thinking faculty (as long as the thinking faculty was right!)

So - we've been living through a period in which the lower emotions (selfishness) have been in control in cahoots with a thinking mind which didn't make sense (also selfish)
- and what we've been waiting for is a thinking mind which did make sense
- to grab control of the emotions and use them towards ensuring individual and species survival.

-*-

So - we're looking at a shift (with completion of mind) - from completion in tertiary processes (thinking mind) and a shift in emphasis in primary processes from hate (competition,capitalism) to love (collaboration, commune -ism) - with secondary processes hooking onto information - with the change.

A full on switch, with completion in mind from material world to virtual world existence
- where the material and virtual world as just as real aas one another.

The material world is no more real than that thought we're all having of gluten-free freshly grated carrots with freshly squeezed casein-free lemon juice as a snack.

Crazy genetic engineers - putting this bit into that thing and that bit into this thing until the Holy Grail of genetics is created.

http://www.philgomes.com/blog/uploaded_images/5ass-742967.jpg
'Do(es) my ... ...

Professors of genetics are living proof that the obverse, that is - of crowding out all neurones by implanting 6 substantial monkey bottoms into the brain is possible.

SB_UK
11-11-13, 05:08 AM
SEEKING - some form of information (music, image (gadget for music/image)) which rewards.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jTg-q6Drt0

LUST - finding some form of information (music, image (gadget for music/image)) which rewards.

-*-

Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear?

'reach for the dead'
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/scottymak/blogpix/LestWeForget.jpg
And don't you remember?

SB_UK
11-11-13, 08:09 AM
Extra emotionally hypersensitive infant

ADD = informational (sensory) hypersensitivity cf musical chills.

You fill up my senseshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_oRswkjdQ

Getting a little more complicated again ... ... ... just a sec ... ...
- back around to needing to link information sensitivity to 'love'

- pre-existing mechanism in nature - prairie vole.

Dopamine, Opioids and oxtytocin all driven.

SB_UK
11-11-13, 08:32 AM
It needs to be electomagnetic induction in entrained minds.

If we separate 2 pair-bonded prairie voles (but only for a few minutes - so DON'T FEEL BAD!) - and switch 'em - they won't activate one another's reward systems.

So - there must be some level of entrainment which occurs prior to inducing 'reward'.

Entrainment, within the study of chronobiology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronobiology), occurs when rhythmic physiological or behavioral events match their period and phase to that of an environmental oscillation.

SB_UK
11-11-13, 01:00 PM
Social stress up-regulates inflammatory gene expression in the leukocyte transcriptome==
The big change in our understanding (http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html#926000) of drivers of chronic health (http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html#928000) in the rich developed world (http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html#930000) is how important chronic stress from social sources (http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html#932000) is affecting the immune system, (http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html#936000) the cardiovascular system. (http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html#938000)

(last few minutes of presentation)

SB_UK
11-11-13, 02:03 PM
So - I'm suggesting that ADDers are simply a sensitive type (to information)
- and to use information to power our reward circuit
- we need to be without stress.

Stress prevents us from settling into our favoured mechanism of reward system activation.

As such we don't need to realise anything - we need to realise an absence in chronic distress by eliminating social hierarchy.

IE we don't gain something we do not have
- we need to lose something we have.

Inequality.

SB_UK
11-12-13, 07:29 AM
Sensitive to gamma ray also.

Connection between ADHD + obesity.

http://optimalprediction.com/wp/radiation-eating-fungi-they-kill-trees-and-they-kill-people/

-*-

What would evolutionarily select ?

[1] Enforced morality
[2] Reduced food requirement
[3] Increased infectious disease resistance
[4] Divorce of the human reward system from the material (limiting) world.

They're all happening simultaneously.

In ADHD.

Why're we getting so hung up on ADHD as a disease though ?
Because ADDers just can't pay attention to 'systems' which make no sense.

Which systems are those ?
Everything from law to medicine.

We can prevent all of the problems we introduce silly systems to cure.

What's silly about my system, I am an all important, all powerful God-like inhabitant of planet earth with the power of life and death over you, weakling !
Well - there you go.

$illy $au$age$ !!

Lawyer and doctor (medical) - consider yourselves redundant.

One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine.
For prevention is INFINITELY better than cure

You can't cure human beings - we're too blimmin' complicated - need to stop us wonking out in the first place.

SB_UK
11-12-13, 07:38 AM

So gather your things together and can you pick up the banker on your way out - so the rest of us can live a life of blissful om stress-less existence under the benign gaze of the sun of God.

Lunacie
11-12-13, 12:24 PM
Sensitive to gamma ray also.

Connection between ADHD + obesity.

http://optimalprediction.com/wp/radiation-eating-fungi-they-kill-trees-and-they-kill-people/

-*-

What would evolutionarily select ?

[1] Enforced morality
[2] Reduced food requirement
[3] Increased infectious disease resistance
[4] Divorce of the human reward system from the material (limiting) world.

They're all happening simultaneously.

In ADHD.

Why're we getting so hung up on ADHD as a disease though ?
Because ADDers just can't pay attention to 'systems' which make no sense.

Which systems are those ?
Everything from law to medicine.

We can prevent all of the problems we introduce silly systems to cure.

Well - there you go.

$illy $au$age$ !!

You can't cure human beings - we're too blimmin' complicated - need to stop us wonking out in the first place.

I scanned the article you linked here, and I didn't see anything connecting
ADHD and obesity. Can someone point out what I may be missing?