View Full Version : What to do when you don't care about anything?

fracturedstory
11-09-13, 01:45 AM
Today I've been so underwhelmed by things that I just don't put any effort into them. I've tried to do a number of things like playing games, watching TV, reading etc but even when I could do those things for a short time I had barely the same amount of motivation in them.

For a couple of hours I've been trying to get engaged in some activity to essentially kill time. But nothing really seems to work.

All I'm thinking about is killing another 20 minutes until I feed the cats them myself.

I always seem to need to keep myself busy so I can avoid these feelings.

I know it won't last. It's eventually going to turn into severe depression and then oh hey, hypomania, but just living through this nothingness and no-clue-what-to-do-itus because nothing is giving me that spark to life, is unbearable.

I can't really go out and have a few drinks because of stupid women problems.

And I've stopped caring about writing this post.

BellaVita
11-09-13, 01:54 AM
I usually just sleep or something.

I also tend to be very not social during these periods.

Fuzzy12
11-09-13, 01:59 AM
Sleep!!

fracturedstory
11-09-13, 02:43 AM
Can't sleep during the day...or night.

Also, I spent most of yesterday in bed on painkillers and some very obsessive thoughts. It's not the best thing for me to do. I was trying to see if I'm still capable of being productive today.

Vector
11-11-13, 05:06 PM
A few things that could help you:
- sport/physical exercise regurlarly,
- do something thrilling regularly eg bungy jumping, skydiving, boxing, judo,
- go out more often (eg walking in nature or in city parks),
- spiritual development for example Buddhism. This can give you a new perspective on your own life as well as life in general, which results in a peaceful and energetic, motivated mind.

I hope you will feel better soon, FracturedStory.

Fraser_0762
11-11-13, 07:22 PM
Bed, Sleep, Download movies and full series and watch complete programmes for 3 days straight. Eat. More Sleep. Rince and repeat.

sarek
11-12-13, 03:12 AM
A few things that could help you:
- sport/physical exercise regurlarly,
- do something thrilling regularly eg bungy jumping, skydiving, boxing, judo,
- go out more often (eg walking in nature or in city parks),
- spiritual development for example Buddhism. This can give you a new perspective on your own life as well as life in general, which results in a peaceful and energetic, motivated mind.

All these work quite well for me, especially the spiritual development. It can work like a kind of brain detox. It is possible to save a lot of energy that would otherwise go to waste and it is somewhat effective for emotional control.