View Full Version : Is Desoxyn even on the market anymore?

ADDofftheWall
11-10-13, 06:24 PM
According to WebMD, Desoxyn is no longer approved for the treatment of ADHD and exogenous obesity as in the past. I can understand the whole stigma behind it even though it has apparently worked wonders for many.

I want to know if it's still FDA approved and on the market. I doubt any of the big pharmacies would carry it in stock. And I imagine it would be kind of weird for a pharmacist to fill a prescription for methamphetamine after watching a marathon of Breaking Bad! :lol:

I can understand the Desoxyn stigma just because of the whole issue with meth and its abuse potential but also because of the heinous side effects associated with long term abuse even at therapeutic doses (e.g. meth mouth, anorexia, brain damage).

I guess it's safe to assume that Desoxyn is dead. Do people still have prescriptions for it? I would imagine it would be good for psychiatrists to have it as a last resort. But then again, if all meds fail it would be better to just find an alternative way to deal with the ADHD.

For me, Vyvanse stopped working but when it did it kind of felt a bit speedy which is bad, so I can only imagine what Desoxyn would do to both an ADDer and a normal person. Perhaps it would be better for pharmaceutical companies to create improved versions of the generic amphetamines available on the market.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't even a little curious about Desoxyn and it's benefits for ADHD.

purpleToes
11-12-13, 12:39 AM
I can't find anything on WebMD or anywhere else saying the FDA has withdrawn approval for those uses. Can you post the link?

depaulhifi
12-02-13, 11:12 PM
I haven't heard anything about this either. I saw my doc tonight and left with 2 new scripts for Desoxyn. I'll be filling one of them tomorrow.