View Full Version : Need to vent, egg+car

Daven
03-08-05, 04:27 PM
I wake up this morning to find that some little punk has egged my car. This is the FIRST time in 2 months it has been left on the street because the garage was in use fixing a compressor. People have NO respect for others property. The paint ( I drive a 2003 Viper by the way, and im guessing thats why they picked mine) is screwed, 5 pretty big blotches on it. Now I have to take it to get re pained just because some kids thought it would be funny.

Im thinking of leaving it out again tonight, and waiting up for them. Even though I woudnt think they would try it another time.

Nucking_Futs
03-08-05, 04:33 PM
I would think that leaving the car out would be asking for a lot of trouble. IMHO you adore you car...right? Say these kids do come back by and egg it again, your likely to get extremely angry and take matters into your own hands which can land you into a lot of hot water. What about filing a police report and seeing if they have any previous offenders that live near you. You could still leave your car out but video tape the incident making sure to get a clear pic of the kids' faces and take that to the police. I just think that when we react in anger instead of with a clear head is when we get into the most trouble. And yes I've had this done to my car and have been just as angry at the lack of respect kids are showing these days, we did have a kid on our block who had previously gotten in trouble for such things and when asked by law enforcement he fessed up and his parents had to pay for the paint job. Like I said it's only an opinion and we all know opinions are like BM's everyone has them and they flush them. lol

Digitl
03-08-05, 05:33 PM
I have never heard of that happening here (Quebec) ....wow... that is terrible. :eek:

Daven
03-08-05, 06:09 PM
I would think that leaving the car out would be asking for a lot of trouble. IMHO you adore you car...right? Say these kids do come back by and egg it again, your likely to get extremely angry and take matters into your own hands which can land you into a lot of hot water. What about filing a police report and seeing if they have any previous offenders that live near you. You could still leave your car out but video tape the incident making sure to get a clear pic of the kids' faces and take that to the police. I just think that when we react in anger instead of with a clear head is when we get into the most trouble. And yes I've had this done to my car and have been just as angry at the lack of respect kids are showing these days, we did have a kid on our block who had previously gotten in trouble for such things and when asked by law enforcement he fessed up and his parents had to pay for the paint job. Like I said it's only an opinion and we all know opinions are like BM's everyone has them and they flush them. lol
Naw, theres no way I would ever get violent with a kid, well, within my legal rights anyhoo.

Yes, I was worried about it, but its not the only nice car in the neighborhood, and Ive had to do it before a few times. I really dought I will file a police report, somehow I don't think they would even be able to do anything, but I still may.

And now I'm feeling like the old guy who all the kids mess with. Need to start wearing hush puppies.

KnittingJunkie
03-08-05, 09:25 PM
Aww, hush. (Utilizing the Arkansan accent at the moment.)

I got rear ended on the way to fire the very unpleasant woman who owns the preschool my son was attending (i.e. withdraw my kid from her school--she owes me a chunk of cash, but when I read the contract I signed, I realize I might just be screwed if she has no scruples...and I'm not sure she does after all she said today. She was evil today, and after that wreck, my anxiety thing went out the window and I was nasty right back at her, which probably didn't help in my efforts to hopefully get my money back from her, but my neuroshrink will be so proud, thinking optimistically.;)

Egg? Chill. Half your bumper all weird followed by an argument with an egotistical maniac who owes me more money right at this very moment than the sum total of my house payment, utility payment, phone bill, and cable combined every month, and who said, "I'll look it over and make a fair decision"?:mad:

That, my friend, is vent-worthy.

(I'm done with my pity party now, sorry for invalidating your feelings. You have no idea what I'm talking about anyway. Again, my apologies.)

Chrys

I wake up this morning to find that some little punk has egged my car. This is the FIRST time in 2 months it has been left on the street because the garage was in use fixing a compressor. People have NO respect for others property. The paint ( I drive a 2003 Viper by the way, and im guessing thats why they picked mine) is screwed, 5 pretty big blotches on it. Now I have to take it to get re pained just because some kids thought it would be funny.

Im thinking of leaving it out again tonight, and waiting up for them. Even though I woudnt think they would try it another time.

auntchris
03-09-05, 01:22 AM
Chrys I think both are vent worthy. I am not trying to diminish either of your situations. I am not trying ot take sides of to say one was more important than the other cause I know how that would make me feel if that happened to me....and it has in the past...all the time.

I am so sorry that those things happen to you both. Daven what Fut said about taping it if you should see it happening again is a good idea h*ll it is a great idea. You then have the evidence to show the police . This way you will have handled it in a constructive manner and positive one too.

Chrys, I am sorry to here you got rear ended are you okay hun... I can hear in your voice and words how upsetting it is and it would be to me also. Did you ever deal with the teacher att the school? hope you are okay both physically and emotioanlly ...auntchris

Daven
03-09-05, 09:04 AM
Aww, hush. (Utilizing the Arkansan accent at the moment.)

I got rear ended on the way to fire the very unpleasant woman who owns the preschool my son was attending (i.e. withdraw my kid from her school--she owes me a chunk of cash, but when I read the contract I signed, I realize I might just be screwed if she has no scruples...and I'm not sure she does after all she said today. She was evil today, and after that wreck, my anxiety thing went out the window and I was nasty right back at her, which probably didn't help in my efforts to hopefully get my money back from her, but my neuroshrink will be so proud, thinking optimistically.;)

Egg? Chill. Half your bumper all weird followed by an argument with an egotistical maniac who owes me more money right at this very moment than the sum total of my house payment, utility payment, phone bill, and cable combined every month, and who said, "I'll look it over and make a fair decision"?:mad:

That, my friend, is vent-worthy.

(I'm done with my pity party now, sorry for invalidating your feelings. You have no idea what I'm talking about anyway. Again, my apologies.)

Chrys
I broke my back 12 years ago when I was hit on a bike going about 50 mph. I was on bed rest for about 8 weeks, and had to have 2 major surguries. Ive been threw worse myself than an egg. :)