View Full Version : What to expect with Strattera?

high_voltage
11-15-13, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed with ADD a few weeks ago and today I got an Rx for Strattera- this is my first medication and my MD wanted me to start on this one to see how it works, with the option to try something different if it doesn't work out for me.

Strattera takers, what should I expect as I start this medication? About how long until I start to notice improvement with ADD behaviors?

If you are in the USA, do you know of any programs to help cover the cost of Strattera? I have a free 30-day supply of it via a voucher, but my insurance requires prior authorization before getting coverage for this medication. I hope insurance issues are dealt with before I run out!

Any other helpful information would be great for me. I've lived with ADD this long and I'm really looking forward to getting a little help. I am 27 and looking back I see how ADD has shaped my life. I have no regrets, but I'm looking forward to new possibilities now that the ADD has been diagnosed and I am getting treatment!

Drogheda
11-16-13, 01:02 AM
all of them work different for different people.

the only real thing I know about stratera is you really need to eat it with something fatty, like a peanut butter sandwich cause it tends to make people queezy

funtimeswithADD
11-25-13, 12:01 AM
I felt really very very unwell on it- fever, cold shivers, dizzyness, nausea and vomiting, head aches turning to migraines, bone and joint pain, insomnia, lack of appetite- I was pretty much laid up feeling just completely awful for a week, I couldn't really get out of bed. I've read variations of people experiencing similar side effects, but I seem to be in the minority of how hard it hit me. On the other hand there are many accounts of it working great so I really think its a 50/50 thing- either people love it or hate it