View Full Version : Adderall IR Brand Name - Does it exist?

MarathonEngineer
11-19-13, 10:21 PM
Is there a such thing as a "Brand name" Adderall IR? If so what is it called and how does it compare to generic? I am currently taking Barr and it's wonderful, but it's all I have ever had so I'm not sure if my body would respond better(?) with something else.

dvdnvwls
11-20-13, 06:46 AM
My opinion: If you're taking something that works, then don't rock the boat. Just because something has a certain name stamped on it, doesn't make it personally a better choice for you.

sarahsweets
11-20-13, 06:57 AM
The brand name of xr is made by SHIRE. The generics are also made by SHIRE under the names TEVA/BARR and GLOBAL. The only generic that is not made by SHIRE is ACTAVIS.

BellaVita
11-20-13, 06:59 AM
The brand name of xr is made by SHIRE. The generics are also made by SHIRE under the names TEVA/BARR and GLOBAL. The only generic that is not made by SHIRE is ACTAVIS.

ewwww the wretched name :eek:

MarathonEngineer
11-21-13, 03:10 PM
My opinion: If you're taking something that works, then don't rock the boat. Just because something has a certain name stamped on it, doesn't make it personally a better choice for you.

See, that's what I have been telling myself, but as always with this astounding ADHD mind, curiosity is quite a snowball of wonder. It's so hard to put into words what exactly it is I'm feeling, not really doubt or wonder, but just the thought that this amazing balance I have finally achieved could be more balanced in a way. At this point though I totally agree that if it works don't break it (Hard for an engineer to say I might add ;) )

Sarahsweets: Ah! See shows how much I don't know I had never heard of Global or Actavis! I had known that Shire still makes XR, but is there also a brand name IR? Or is that just a generic drug now?

dvdnvwls
11-21-13, 06:13 PM
See, that's what I have been telling myself, but as always with this astounding ADHD mind, curiosity is quite a snowball of wonder. It's so hard to put into words what exactly it is I'm feeling, not really doubt or wonder, but just the thought that this amazing balance I have finally achieved could be more balanced in a way. At this point though I totally agree that if it works don't break it (Hard for an engineer to say I might add ;) )
You're right, it certainly could be more balanced. And it could also be a lot less balanced. :) Engineers should be careful when they mess with error-prone systems that are constructed on invisible foundations and held together with live pieces of meat. ;)

MarathonEngineer
11-21-13, 07:37 PM
You're right, it certainly could be more balanced. And it could also be a lot less balanced. :) Engineers should be careful when they mess with error-prone systems that are constructed on invisible foundations and held together with live pieces of meat. ;)

But then we would have never had bologna!!

spunkysmum
11-21-13, 08:35 PM
I understand your curiosity and wondering if you can get "even better" results with a different formula, but I still have to agree with the statement that you probably shouldn't rock the boat if what you're taking is working. It's just as likely that another manufacturer's generic would be less effective for your body or have side effects you wouldn't like, then you'd be stuck for a month taking something that wasn't serving you well. Chances are you may have an opportunity to try a different generic some time in the future if your pharmacy changes their stock. This has happened to me several times over the years. Until then, I wouldn't mess around too much asking the pharmacy to give you different generics unless you can give them a reason involving specific dissatisfaction with the performance of what you've been taking. When you need a controlled class drug to function daily, it's best not to appear too eager to experiment for the sake of experimentation.

dvdnvwls
11-21-13, 08:38 PM
But then we would have never had bologna!!
:lol: