View Full Version : Amitriptyline - 2 Weeks in

Nibs91
11-22-13, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to give a little insight on my addition of this tricyclic AD.

I've been on 25mg for 2 weeks now. I am still on lamotrigine 50mg (reluctantly...my pdoc hates me for not wanting to stay on 100mg), Adderall XR 25mg, and Ambien for sleep.

So far so good. I've experienced none of the side effects that I've experienced with any other AD, antipsychotic, or anticonvulsant I have been on. I take it at night so the drowsiness is a non issue and actually it's a welcome side effect for me.

I seem to be happier and more positive in my everyday life. Since I've started I haven't had a "I hate my life" episode. Hopefully it is not temporary! This time around I am not going to let my doc push me to increasing dosage. I'll stay at 25mg until I feel like I need to increase. Slow and steady seems to work better than jumping the gun with dosage increases.

I'll keep this updated as I go on!

Brittany
11-25-13, 01:45 PM
Prayers that things keep going like this!! It's awesome when u find something that works!!

Nibs91
11-26-13, 01:59 PM
Prayers that things keep going like this!! It's awesome when u find something that works!!

Thanks! I know it's like a breath of fresh air :D

BellaVita
11-26-13, 02:22 PM
I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for the update! :)

Nibs91
12-09-13, 03:28 PM
I'm now on my second month, everything is still smooth. I'm sticking to the 25mg for a few months, i'm not going to let myself jump the gone on increases with this one. I'm gunna take it nice and steady :D