View Full Version : Addition Game

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-10-13, 04:13 PM
Okay, so here's the basis for how the game works: post 1 posts an object (or whatever), post 2 adds something to it, and post three tells what they equal up to. So for example:

post 1: eephus
post 2: + rage
post 3: = dead ant

Modifications:

Post 1 can add or subtract one or more things to\from the original object\whatever.

Post 2 can also add or subtract one or more things to\from the original object\whatever (though you can't add or subtract something that a person has added or subtracted).

If somebody wants to add in or subtract some more stuff, there could be a third or fourth post, but...

...if we add in and subtract tons of stuff, the game is probably going to suck unless we posters have like tons and tons of associative horizon, so probably best to keep it simple like something plus (or minus) something equals something(s).

example of over arithmetic pollution suck:

post 1: effigy + nitromethane
post 2: attractive male firemen + no clothes + photographer with photoshoot equipment all set up + contract to make a calendar
post 3: + aggressive pitbulls
post 4: + chihuahuas that think they are bigger than they are
post 5: + death metal
post 6: + Michael Bolton in costume as Jack Sparrow
post 7: + ten K-9 units with recently deceased canines
post 8: + fear factory (not the band - an actual factory)
post 9: + cupid - arrows + heat ray gun (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=military+heat+ray+gun+zaps+re porter+&sm=3)
post 10: = WTH, I don't ******* know, too much ****. I think this first ten posts sum it up pretty nicely, now there's no room to imagine, and post the unexpected and make some humor like in a simple X + Y = Z style addition sequence.

...or maybe that isn't over arithmetic pollution suck (the punchline in this case in this case would be the insane amount of crazy stuff together, painting an insane pic in someone's mind - rather than the "equals" being the punchline, and in this case, there's really no need for an equals, and I guess you could just start a new arithmetic sequence (though this wouldn't actually end the arithmetic sequence, if someone want to continue it) and maybe an insane amount of stuff like that will be often be funny to lots of people (or whoever's looking at the thread), so I guess just have at it (oh yeah, and the "equals" could come as soon as the second post (and on that note, if anybody has any brilliant arithmetic (or post an answer to previous arithmetic), feel free to post it shamelessly))...

So here's the first post:

Bullet train + snipers pointed out every window :eek: (or "snipers" with military heat ray guns (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=military+heat+ray+gun+zaps+re porter+&sm=3) - your choice)

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-10-13, 07:28 PM
The Fun & Games forum need to be more visible, ie: either not a subforum, or list subforums on the main list of forums.

Okay, so:

A rogue bullet train + snipers pointed out every window :eek: (or "snipers" with military heat ray guns (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=military+heat+ray+gun+zaps+re porter+&sm=3) - your choice) + ability to veer off tracks and go tearing off through the countryside\city\etc turning and weeving whenever it wants

This is total crazy black distopian kind of stuff. Somebody do some arithmetic!

Lunacie
12-10-13, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure I've got this, but will give it a try.

Bullet train + snipers pointed out every window

= fast-forward drive-by shooting.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-10-13, 08:34 PM

You got it. Considering that your doing an "equals" didn't really allow any creativity on your part (sorry), I should have said in the rules that you could also start a new arithmetic sequence. Just as long as stuff goes in order, which I guess is impossible to mess up, so yeah, sorry about the missed opportunity, that, or just ignore the below start to an arithmetic sequence, and start one with whatever you want.

Igloos

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-10-13, 08:39 PM
double post

Lunacie
12-10-13, 09:01 PM
I wanted to know if I understood the game before I posted a nextie.

Tax forms + red clown nose

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-10-13, 09:05 PM
effigy

I should have thought up, and elaborated that the effigy was an effigy of fearlessness. :eek:\:lol:

And I should have said that these guys never miss. As soon as full head appears in view, it gets shot, which actually ends up being an imperceptibly mild grazing of the scalp, and then as soon as the center of a brain gets in view, the center of the head gets a bullet from the same bot, they're basically 'bots. 10 cars with 20 windows per side = 200 possessed sniper human\'bots per side, and 200 scalp grazings and 200 center of the head headshots per victim.

Tax forms + red clown nose

I've seen so much pre-release promotion stuff about the sequel, that it makes me want to watch the first one (never seen it), and I think it may work great with this, so...

... + Ron Burgandy

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-11-13, 02:56 PM
How about just going to a format like this, Lunacie? I've got a feeling this game isn't really going to work without it:

post 1: something
post 2: + something
post 3: = something
something
post 4: + something
post 5: = something
something
post 6: + something
post 7: = something
something
post 8: + something
post 9: = something
something

Lunacie
12-11-13, 04:31 PM
Sorry, I was stumped by Run Burgandy, no idea who that is.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-11-13, 05:19 PM
Sorry, I was stumped by Run Burgandy, no idea who that is.

I misspelled the name. Ron Burgundy is the correct spelling.

Lunacie
12-11-13, 05:29 PM
I misspelled the name. Ron Burgundy is the correct spelling.

Sorry, still clueless here.

avjgirsijdhtjhs
12-11-13, 05:44 PM
Do you have the internet? :confused: