View Full Version : When its just all too much to handle. how do you deal?

cantakeitnemore
12-11-13, 03:41 AM
I already have extremely low self esteem. There's not a day that goes by where I don't put myself down. And I'm working on resolving it. But then there is outside re inforcement, other people telling you the same thing knowingly or unknowingly putting you down.
I can try and make myself feel better by saying things like., it's their problem not mine, or that they are only trying to feel better about themselves. But on some level they are right, they are so right. So what in the world am I supposed to do to deal with it? If the only logical inference that comes out is that I am worthless and my life is not worth living.
Am I supposed to stop existing? All I can really do is try. But people or my own stupid brain bringing up past failurws and bad decisions just makes it all unbearable.
Anger and sadness is all that comes out of it or just a big throbbing headache. Why is the world the way it is. Am I supposed to feel bad about myself all the time? Its hard enough trying to silence t he inner critic. Outside ones make it just impossible.
I'm almost ready to lose control and pull my hair out.

purpleToes
12-11-13, 06:41 AM
I'm just about to go to bed but I wanted to acknowledge your post. It is so full of pain, very very understandable pain. It is very difficult to rebuild your own self esteem if someone else is always tearing it down at the same time. I don't know if these negative, unsupportive people are anyone you have a choice about staying away from, but the other thing you can do is bring more people into your life who are kind and validating.

You are not supposed to feel this bad, even if other people want you to.

Leeleebug
12-11-13, 10:33 AM
I promise with age it gets better. The more independent you become the less you give two ****s about what other people think. Once in a while some ******* will say something to make you feel like you are the scum of the earth but the older I get the less frequent it happens.

Start doing things that make you happy, and before too long you'll notice a difference.

someothertime
12-11-13, 01:06 PM
Hang in there cantakeit!

Not a single person on earth is right about what you are not even you!!!

See the doc about the med status and get into a dbt class if you can. Value is more than another's perception.

cantakeitnemore
12-13-13, 01:24 AM
Its not just one person or one situation. It comes up time and again. I have to develop a thick skin and it shouldn't be this difficult to do this.
I sometimes feel like I should just accept the fact totally that I am worthless and will never be able to fulfill half of the dreams I've had. Maybe I was not meant to do anything with my life, maybe I was meant to just exist, and fill the spots on the lowest places.
But then, there's ego. I feel so ****** up and don't know what to do

ban_ban
01-07-14, 01:19 PM
when its too much to deal with i usually walk away, all i see in those situations are; this makes me feel bad; not being here makes me feel good. Over time having that mental idea can cause some problems but sometimes you have to be selfish, i often feel uncomfortable and i usually end up saying it, "i want to go home" or "i feel uncomfortable". I often think i should develop a thick skin but then i think 'but i dont feel good' and i wonder why, and then i think, well i dont have to feel bad, and i dont have to be in this stupid situation.

Rebelyell
01-07-14, 01:28 PM
I dont deal I just shutdown n do nothing.