View Full Version : Easy Peasy Fudge ......10 minutes total prep time

salleh
12-14-13, 12:24 PM
.....I have been making versions of this fudge for many years ....and last night I stumbled across the best combination EVER ! .......the fudge comes out creamy and the perfect texture ......in order to get perfection use exactly these ingredients .....if you use other kinds of chips ...it will come out very good, but srsly ...this is really the best combo,

1 pkg of Ghiridelli's Milk Chocolate Chips ....( 15 or 16 ounces )
1 pkg of Plain Wrap Chocolate Chips....(16 ounces)
1 can of Eagle Brand Sweentened Condensed Milk, ( 14 oz )
Marshmallow Creme, about the size of a baseball
7 OZ of Heath Chips ....( optional)

***** prepare a large pan by either Pam, or using foil ( the non-stick foil is the bomb) or saran wrap ...making sure you cover the sides of the pan too******** do this first as the rest goes fast !

.....put everything into a large bowl, and mix, don't worry about the creme sticking to the sides or top of the bowl ....

....microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes ....

.....as fast as you can ...pull the bowl out of the microwave and stir like mad ....use a sturdy spoon or a 1 piece table knife ....it will start out a thick liquid, but it sets fast ...so stir fast.....

....while is still moves, pour into your prepared pan ....chill in fridge for about an hour ....then cut into pieces and die from the delicious ....

....it takes longer to write this than it does to make it ....

....It makes a great Christmas present or something to take visiting friends

.....It is nearly impossible to screw this up if you do exactly as I instruct !

Lunacie
12-14-13, 12:40 PM
I've been using a similar recipe for many years, but mine doesn't have the
marshmallow cream. Just choc chips, sweetened condensed milk, and a little
salt to keep it from being grainy. Sometimes I add chopped nuts.

salleh
12-14-13, 01:17 PM
Lunacie ...I know funds are tight at your house ...but just once try exactly this recipe ...you will be amazed at the difference ....srsly ....

Lunacie
12-14-13, 01:46 PM
Lunacie ...I know funds are tight at your house ...but just once try exactly this recipe ...you will be amazed at the difference ....srsly ....

Experience talking? Have you tried it both with and without marshmallow crème?

salleh
12-14-13, 10:01 PM
Oh sure ....and all the different brands of chips, nuts, and dried fruits, like cherries, raisins, blueberries....and with and without vanilla ....

...it's the marshmallow creme that makes a difference ....

Lunacie
12-14-13, 10:20 PM
Oh sure ....and all the different brands of chips, nuts, and dried fruits, like cherries, raisins, blueberries....and with and without vanilla ....

...it's the marshmallow creme that makes a difference ....

Well ... it's not Christmas without fudge eh? If I'm not exhausted after work
tomorrow I'll stop at Aldi's on the way home and pick up the fixings.
See for myself. ;)

salleh
12-15-13, 01:08 AM
...Yah remember ...a hardball not a softball !!! ....that stuff is hard to measure ! You want enough to make is melt in your mouth fudge, but not so much that it stays sticky ....and that's a pretty big batch of of fudge ....more than 2 pounds when you count the milk ....so a hard ball worth is pretty close....

janiew
12-15-13, 01:09 AM
Thanks! I didn't know this section existed. SWEET!