View Full Version : Feel and think ?

mildadhd
12-14-13, 10:24 PM
What do people feelthink/thinkfeel, are differences and similarities between feel and think?

Peripherals

mildadhd
12-14-13, 10:38 PM
Would a person with less thinking self-control , feel more?

Peripherals

janiew
12-15-13, 01:18 AM
Couldn't tell you.

My thinking can be dependent on my feeling, but my thinking has to TRY to keep my feeling in check so that my thinking remains in check. It can get out of hand at times. Notice that my hand seems to be involved too... :)

What a circle...

dvdnvwls
12-15-13, 05:08 AM
You always have a choice about what to think. You never have a choice about what to feel.

sarek
12-15-13, 05:54 AM
In Gurdjieffian teaching every person has a balance between moving, feeling and thinking functions. For a person to have a healthy development they must be in balance.
Another problem is if one of the functions wrongly assumes the function of another.

Say for instance a person is emotionally involved in a certain point of view. In such a case the emotional centre might corrupt the thinking centre into finding evidence for their emotionally driven point of view.

mildadhd
12-20-13, 02:57 AM
In Gurdjieffian teaching every person has a balance between moving, feeling and thinking functions. For a person to have a healthy development they must be in balance.
Another problem is if one of the functions wrongly assumes the function of another.

Say for instance a person is emotionally involved in a certain point of view. In such a case the emotional centre might corrupt the thinking centre into finding evidence for their emotionally driven point of view.

Although I am not familiar with Gurdjieffian teaching, a balanced approach makes sense to me.

Would you agree that to much emphasis on, moving function, or thinking function , like feeling function, might also result in a "imbalance" point of view?

Peripherals